Lockheed Martin Mission Operations Software Engineering Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: This position is for a Software Engineering L-Coded Manager for the Deep Space Exploration (DSE) Mission Operations organization. This position is in support of NASA interplanetary missions and commercial missions including Lucy, OSIRIS-REx, MAVEN, Juno, MRO, and Odyssey. The candidate will manage flight software, simulation software, and ground software engineers and serve as the point of contact for all software needs for DSE mission operations.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Organizational oversight, software process consistency, and process/product improvements
• Oversee release and deployment of software baselines to DSE mission environments and facilitate software review boards (SRBs) and requests for software changes with consideration for budgets and schedule.
• Technical software support as needed
• Staff management which entails communication job expectations; performance assessments, career development, performance and recognition, and coaching of employees; disciplinary action as appropriate; collaborating and coordinating with program management and functional leaders to manage staffing requirements
• Experience with flight software, simulation software, ground data systems software tools and/or software configuration management
• Previous team lead experience that demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple user requests simultaneously while balancing budget, schedule, and risk
• Demonstrated ability to define, implement, and enforce software development and maintenance processes
• Demonstrated openness to new methods of solving problems and ability to listen to new ideas while making decisions to keep the group moving forward
• Ability to cultivate relationships at all levels of an organization
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to communicate to varying levels of the organization
• Software leadership experience tied to NASA missions
• Deep Space Exploration Mission Operations experience
• L-coded leadership experience
• Strong user support skills with the ability to directly address concerns and also encourages users to bring forward issues and suggestions
Clearance Level: None
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
The annual base salary range for this position in Colorado or Washington is $123,500 - $236,800. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
(Washington state applicants only) Non-represented full time employees: accrue 10 hours per month of Paid Time Off (PTO); receive 40 hours of Granted PTO annually for incidental absences; receive at least 90 hours for holidays. Represented full time employees accrue 6.67 hours of PTO per month; accrue up to 52 hours of sick leave annually; receive at least 96 hours for holidays. PTO is prorated based on hours worked and start date during the calendar year.
This position is incentive plan eligible.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs , and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering
- Lockheed Martin Jobs