Lockheed Martin Satellite Electronics Certified Principle RF Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: As a Digital Certified Principle Engineer with Space you would lead the development and build of the next generation RF Digital Payload Processors and Communication Systems. Communication payloads or RF payloads are needed for every platform and serve missions ranging from human space flight, commercial broadband services, national intelligence, protected communications, navigation and more. Our product portfolio includes a wide range of international and domestic programs, addressing the important needs of our commercial, civil and military customers.
Specific responsibilities include:
•Act as program or proposal tech lead for digital processor design team
•Develop design concepts and technical baselines for payload communications processors and digital payload electronics
•Digital system product development leadership
•Develop digital system architecture
• Provide technical guidance and direction to electronics vendors, production, ATLO and LM design team to ensure compliance of the product with all program requirements.
•Leadership of cross-functional development teams, coordinating with partners (e.g. subcontractor, customer, SEIT, and parts organizations)
•Design, manufacturing, production, test, and ownership of documentation (design, analysis, and interface definition)
•Create technology maturation and risk reduction plans for critical payload elements and satellite subsystems
•Support proposal development activities for objective payload systems
• Coordinate with partners (e.g., subcontractor, customer, SEIT, and multiple M&P and parts organizations) and handle closure of Action Items and Liens.
This position may require domestic travel as necessary to fulfill job responsibilities.
Typically has 8 - 14 years of experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin nurtures an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Keyword\\Phrases Include :
RF Engineering, RF Design, Satellite Communications Engineer, Milstar/AEHF, Military Satellites, ASICS, FPGA, Classified Programs, Analog Interfaces, Digital Processors, Design, Certified Principal Engineer, CPE and Communication Payloads.
• Broad understanding of spacecraft electronics
• Proven leadership of cross-functional development teams, vendors, and subcontractors to ensure product compliance with customer requirements
• Ability to develop and analyze technical requirements, perform trade studies, conduct major design reviews (e.g. PDR and/or CDR) and allocate functions down to subsystems and hardware/software.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, management, and peers.
• Ability to write technical sections of customer requests for information (RFIs) or proposals, including developing presentations to describe the technical approach in a clear manner.
• Prior experience with phases of product lifecycle (e.g., SRR, PDR, CDR, MRR, and TRR).
• Existing CPE certification
• Working knowledge of current US DoD Protected Satellite Communications (i.e., Milstar/AEHF)
• Experience developing Analog/Digital interfaces
• Experience with full-life cycle of software or ASIC/FGPA development
• Prior satellite communications design experience
• Proven ability to develop analytical modeling and simulation tools/environments
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
• Active US DoD/IC TS//SCI
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs