Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer, Requirements and Verification in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Have you always wanted to know about Space Protection Programs (SPP) ?
When you join SPP you will be part of one of the most innovative and fastest moving organizations in Space. Come help build end-to-end Space Security Systems and utilize our cutting edge capabilities to assure the security and health of our nation’s space assets. We push the boundary of what gets done in space. One day people may hear the full story of your achievements. When the history books are written, they may discover the critical role you’ve played to defeat the enemies of freedom. Come be one of the people working quietly to keep the light of liberty shining.
As the Systems Engineer for Requirements and Verification, you will:
• Be responsible for the development of requirements specifications, including defining the requirements and verification baseline
• Ensure consistency of requirements with key partners and traceability back to customer objectives
• Develop the verification details for the requirements to ensure that the system is able to meet the requirements and support the execution of these verification activities
• Apply systems engineering change control process to retain control of the system requirements
• Utilize the DOORS database to maintain the system baseline and implement change control
• Support the successful execution of a program Critical Design Review
Selected candidate must have a TS/SCI security clearance and be cleared to the program to start.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
• Experience in Systems Engineering, or related technical discipline experience with knowledge of Systems Engineering concepts and processes
• Demonstrated ability to work with multiple engineering disciplines to identify technical product characteristics to develop requirements specifications
• Writing requirements and verification documentation and coordinating release through approval process
• DOORS or similar tool for requirements management, decomposition and publication
• Must have at minimum an active TS/SCI security clearance and be cleared to the program to start.
• Experience in SPP mission area requirements and verification development
• Verification detailed planning and Test Requirements development
• Ability to define and document solutions to complex problems and to convey solutions to both senior management and to external teams
• Familiarity with program and design review process (SRR, PDR, CDR, FRR, etc.)
• Experience coordinating with multiple key partners
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
• Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
• Master's Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs