Lockheed Martin Embedded Software Engineer in Liverpool, New York
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: At Lockheed Martin, we believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. We value your unique skills and expertise, and we aim to give back continuously by offering a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, balanced, and fulfilling lives at, and outside of, work.
Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems has an opportunity in Syracuse, NY for an mid-career Software Engineer supporting our Torpedoes business area. As an mid-career hire on our Software Engineering team, you can help us take on the world’s most important and complex challenges by providing solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity under general supervision. In this important role, you will collaborate with a diverse team of technical professionals and interact with outside customers. The successful candidate will be flexible, motivated, dedicated, detail-focused, team-oriented, and capable of multi-tasking.
Position Responsibilities performed under general supervision to complete milestones associated with specific projects:
• Designs, modifies, develops, writes, and implements and integrates software programming applications for target system.
• Writes source code for new applications, and/or generates and enhances code for existing applications.
• Performs code reviews, optimizes algorithms, and models and conducts experiments to ensure the functionality and performance of products or solutions.
• Plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities.
• Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
• Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software.
• Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
• Ability to perform C programming
• Writing software for embedded systems
• Ability to work with system engineering and test organizations to implement software changes
Must have the ability to obtain/maintain a Secret level clearance
• Microcontroller (MCU) experience and associated software dev tool chains
• Experience with oscilloscopes and logic analyzers and ability to read electrical schematics
• Embedded Linux, kernel module, and device driver experience
• RTOS or bare metal software development experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs