Lockheed Martin Field Engineer in Liverpool, New York
Description: This position is an opportunity to working a fast-paced team-oriented environment supporting an established radar Field Engineering Team. In this role the candidate will become a member of an established team working at the Syracuse facility supporting the TPQ-53 program. The candidate will be supporting multiple roles and duties daily. These duties include but are not limited to:
1. Troubleshooting radar and associated assemblies, subassemblies, mechanical and electronic system components for deficiencies and malfunctions.
2. Repair, remove, and replace defective components and parts.
3. Administrative duties as it pertains to the following activities:
a. Hardware security, test equipment tracking, purchase requisitions, and equipment moves.
b. Prepare and maintain equipment logs in existing program databases as required.
4. Perform other duties as assigned by the team lead
a. Emergency change installation
b. General lab organization and support
c. Support other team members as required
Most of the work will be conducted at the Syracuse Facility. The candidate will be required to support domestic and international travel (Low, Medium, and High Risk) countries as required.
Domestic travel and or international travel to low, medium, and high-risk security level countries is required.
2) Working knowledge of the Unix/Linux Operating System in areas of file system navigation, running executable scripts, etc.
3) Candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to work requiring general direction and guidance.
4) Strong electronic and mechanical troubleshooting skills.
5) Strong Network background.
6) Strong skills interpreting and following schematics.
7) Candidate must be able to demonstrate skills utilizing different pieces of test equipment. Examples like Fiber Optic Test Tools (i.e. interferometer, meters, etc.), Digital Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, Signal Generator, etc.
8) Must have an interim secret clearance to start.
9) Strong written and verbal communications skills required.
10) Strong skills following established test procedures.
11) Must be a US Citizen and possess a valid US Driver’s License
12) Proficient using MS Office Software including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
1. Previous field engineering and equipment experience in support of a defense program.
2. Experience with the US Army Test & Evaluation community.
3. Experience maintaining AN/TPQ-53, TPQ-36, TPQ-37, MPQ-64 radar systems.
4. CDL license
5. Previous Military experience performing maintenance and operation of US Army systems.
6. Understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems.
Fiber Optic repair/cleaning/polishing
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs