Lockheed Martin Thermal Engineering Manager in Lone Tree, Colorado
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus and if you have the passion, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
As the Thermal Engineering Manager, you will be responsible and accountable for the performance of the Thermal Analysis group within a Core engineering team. The group provides support to multiple LM Space missile and space programs in all areas related to thermal analysis with an emphasis on modeling, design, and testing for ground operations and all phases of flight/orbit. You shall be responsible for staffing, planning, technical oversight, training, and career development of the group. You must maintain effective communication with LM Space programs, other Engineering functional organizations, and external customers to ensure program staffing requirements are met in a timely fashion. You will review and approve cost estimates, technical approaches, and results to help ensure Mission Success.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
• Experience as a technical or group lead
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate work and personnel across multiple work locations and organizational structures
• Strong foundation and significant experience in thermal analysis of missile and reentry vehicles (in both supersonic and hypersonic regimes), spacecraft, thermal protection system materials, and thermal testing.
• Proven ability to effectively communicate with and present to a diverse set of customers over complex technical issues
• Strong interpersonal team leadership/building, planning, proposal development/writing, and mentoring skills
• Ability to obtain a security clearance; US citizenship is required
• M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
• Previous experience with LM Space family of programs including, but not limited to, FBM, THAAD, IR-CPS
• Prior experience as a CAM and writing BOEs.
• Working knowledge of missile and/or space system architecture, subsystems, and interfaces
• Working familiarity with LM Space processes, procedures, and organizational structure
• Current knowledge of industry standard Thermal analysis codes
• Experience developing preliminary design trade studies
• Active TS security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs