Lockheed Martin SE Associate Chief Engineer in Longmont, Colorado
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you looking to develop your career as a Systems Engineer?
Do you want to be part of a dynamic, fast-moving, high performing team that's creating a best-in-class team culture, all while quickly adapting to ever-changing customer requirements?
As the Assistant Chief Engineer on the OPIR Ground Solutions FORGE team, you will:
• Provide direct support to the program Chief Engineer and Chief Architect
• Support overall technical execution of FORGE objectives
• Support proposals, ROMs, engineering estimates, captures
• Oversee program requirements
• Support special projects for the Chief's office
• Mentoring and training of junior engineers
• Provide technical support/direction to product teams
• Support creation/maintenance of technical strategy/roadmap for program
• Collaborate across OPIR programs, LM Engineering
• Lead, track, support engineering changes
• Perform as Acting Chief Engineer or Chief Architect when needed
• Work under minimal supervision in support of larger team goals
• Brief program, customers, executives as needed on technical topics
• Support Ad hoc tasking and stretch assignments as outlined by Program Technical Leaders
• Relentlessly pursue continuous improvement, emphasize outcomes over metrics, and be a good teammate
• Be able to perform Systems Engineering (Use Case development, requirements decomposition, activity diagrams, et. al)
• Be well versed in and/or willing to learn Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and its associated tools
The successful candidate will be comfortable in an ever-changing dynamic environment and work well in an agile team.
• Systems Architecture and/or Engineering knowledge beyond the Fundamentals to include one or more of the following: Systems thinker, Systems design, Architecture, Requirements, Tools (DOORS or CAMEO)
• Experience on SAFe agile development team/program
• Experience meeting program objectives (cost, technical and/or schedule)
• Experience with training and developing teams
• Experience supporting/briefing major development milestones (PDR, CDR, SRR)
• Existing clearance is highly desirable
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Familiarity with Agile process
• Demonstrated effective communication skills
• Experience in generating design documents that adhere to technical standards
• Familiarity with MBSE and CAMEO
• Experience with satellite ground systems
• Experience as a satellite operator is a plus
• OPIR program experience/exposure
• Detail oriented
• Agility or JIRA tool experience
• Great interpersonal skills working in a team environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexibility and determination to learn new skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software products
• Self-driven, ability to work independently and in a team environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs