Lockheed Martin Software Engineer in Longmont, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you looking to develop your career as a Software Engineer?
Do you want to be part of a dynamic, fast-moving, high performance team that's creating a best-in-class team culture, all while quickly adapting to ever-changing customer requirements?
As a Software Engineer on the NextGen OPIR Program you will:
• Integrate into a small, high-performing Product Team led by a Scrum Master and Product Owner
• Develop Minimum Viable Product (MVPs) for a critical part of the NGG Ground System
• Support daily Scrum Meetings, Team Demos, and monthly Staff Calls
• Work under very general supervision in support of larger team goals
• Support Ad hoc tasking and stretch assignments as outlined by Program Technical Leaders
• Relentlessly pursue continuous improvement, emphasize outcomes over metrics, and be a good teammate
• Be able to perform some Systems Engineering (Use Case development, requirements decomposition, activity diagrams, et. al)
Typically has 2-3 years of professional experience.
• Great interpersonal skills working in a team environment
• Excellent presentation and written communication skills
• Flexibility and determination to learn new skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software products
• Familiarity with Software Engineering standards and principles
• Familiarity with Virtualization principles
• Familiarity with Systems Engineering principles
• Ability to obtain TS/SCI security clearance
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Familiarity with agile process
• Demonstrated effective communication skills
• Experience in generating design documents that adhere to technical standards
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs