Weyerhaeuser Groundsperson in Longview, Washington
Weyerhaeuser’s Sort Yard facility located in Longview, Washington has openings for a Groundsperson. We are seeking individuals who desire to work in a market-focused, raw materials export facility while maintaining a positive attitude and good work ethic.
This is a full-time position. Hourly employees are represented by the IAM-AW Union. Benefits (in accordance with the Labor Agreement) include medical, dental, vision, 401k plans, vacation, and holidays. Rate of pay is $29.40 per hour.
- Committed to work safely and adhere to log yard safety procedures.
- Perform miscellaneous clean-up and general housekeeping activities as required.
- Use fire hoses and other cleaning equipment to keep rolling stock clean.
- Clean export log debarker.
- Safely and competently operate a bobcat, forklift, man lift, water truck and log handling equipment.
- Use electronic testing equipment to perform maintenance on the yard’s environmental system.
- Perform daily equipment inspections and complete preventive maintenance procedures.
- Collaborate with team members, as well as work independently.
- Contribute positively within a highly efficient and safe work team.
- Adapt to job assignments changes and flow to work as needed.
- Perform overtime duties when needed to meet customer demands.
- Prioritize work schedule and work under pressure.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated adherence to safety practices.
- Solid work history, including work in an industrial environment.
- Ability to operate a bobcat, forklift, man lift, water truck and log handling equipment.
- Experience operating equipment noted above is preferred.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Successful completion of a federal background check to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card).
- Successful candidate must be available to work all shifts (days, swing and weekend).
- Complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check.
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits.
For more than a century, we've been taking care of forests to make life better.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core valuesand we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Requisition ID: 01016877
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs