Hilton Banquet Chef - Conrad Los Angeles in Los Angeles, California
Join us as a Banquet Chef and be a part of the newest luxury hotel in downtown LA, Conrad Los Angeles (https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/laxavci-conrad-los-angeles/?SEO\_id=GMB-AMER-CI-LAXAVCI&y\_source=1\_Mjc5OTc5MTMtNzE1LWxvY2F0aW9uLndlYnNpdGU=) ! As part of the highly anticipated billion-dollar The Grand LA project, this is the 7 th Conrad (https://www.hilton.com/en/conrad/) Hotel in the U.S. and the 1 st in California.
Located in the most exciting state-of-the-art development to come to DTLA, this luxurious 28-story hotel will have over 300 rooms, a spa, 16,000 square foot rooftop with a pool deck, over 13,000 square feet of event space, and 6 food and beverage outlets. This includes a signature restaurant & bar, a signature bar, rooftop restaurant, lobby bar, pool, and in-room dining all in partnership with Chef Jose Andres' award-wining restaurant group, ThinkFoodGroup (https://thinkfoodgroup.com/) .
Want to get an inside look? Take a virtual tour (https://www.thegrandla.com/explore-grand/vr-tour) . Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/conradlosangeles/?hl=en) , Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ConradLosAngeles/)
About The Grand LA (https://www.thegrandla.com/)
The Grand LA combines lifestyle, arts, and culture to provide a truly unique experience in Los Angeles. It is at the epicenter of downtown LA’s cultural corridor across from the Walt Disney Concert Hall with two towers, a 45-story residential and 28-story hotel , and more than 176,000 square feet of retail space anchored by chef-driven restaurants and a collection of shops, entertainment, and hospitality.
What will I be doing?
As Banquet Chef, you would be responsible for the coordination, planning and supervision of the production and presentation of food served at all banquet events in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage and participate in daily banquet culinary operations, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of meals, supervision of food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulations, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability
- Visually inspect, select and use quality food and beverage products including, but not limited to, fruits, vegetables, meats, fish and spices
- Analyze Banquet Event Orders to plan and coordinate the food and beverage portion of client functions with Catering and/or Meetings and Conventions/Events
- Monitor and ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Assist in the creation and planning of menus
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands (http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/our-brands/index.php) . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. and, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
The Benefits – Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S. (https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/1000367)
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education (https://newsroom.hilton.com/corporate/news/hilton-announces-new-education-benefit-through-partnership-with-guild-education): Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
The employer will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Title: Banquet Chef - Conrad Los Angeles
Requisition ID: HOT08ZOM
- Hilton Jobs