Hilton Host/Hostess - Conrad Los Angeles in Los Angeles, California
Be a part of the newest luxury hotel in downtown LA,Conrad Los Angeles (https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/laxavci-conrad-los-angeles/)! As part of the highly anticipated billion-dollar project,The Grand LA (https://www.thegrandla.com/), this will be the 7thConrad Hotel in the U.S. and the 1stin California.
Located in the most exciting state-of-the-art development to come to DTLA, this luxurious 28-story hotel will have over 300 rooms, a spa, 16,000 square foot rooftop with a pool deck, 12,000 square feet of event space, and 4 food and beverage outlets. This includes a signature restaurant, outdoor restaurant, lobby bar, and in-room dining all in partnership with Chef Jose Andres' award-wining restaurant group, JoseAndresFoodGroup (https://thinkfoodgroup.com/) .
The Grand LA combines lifestyle, arts, and culture to provide a truly unique experience in Los Angeles. It is at the epicenter of downtown LA’s cultural corridor across from the Walt Disney Concert Hall with two towers, a 45-story residential and 28-story hotel , and more than 176,000 square feet of retail space anchored by chef-driven restaurants and a collection of shops, entertainment, and hospitality.
Want to get an inside look? Take avirtual tour (https://www.thegrandla.com/explore-grand/vr-tour).
In this role as a Host you will be responsible for welcoming guests and escorting them to their seats for dining in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service at all restaurants.
The ideal candidate will have restaurant greeter experience within a luxury hospitality setting preferred. FORBES training preferred. High volume operation preferred. The ideal candidate must possess knowledge of restaurant operations, to include appropriate staffing levels, service equipment and guest relations. Ability to read the English language to fully comprehend guest requests, memos, reservations, promotional materials, event orders and similar written materials. Ability to speak the English language sufficient to conduct small employee meetings to impart new information. Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items. Ability to move throughout a crowded room to seat guests. Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions. Ability to work a full shift (8 hours) walking and standing with or without reasonable accommodations. Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays.
What will I be doing?
- Meet and greet guests as they arrive to our restaurants, offer choice of seating, then escort them to their table and present menu.
- Read, maintain and make daily entries in thelog bookto coordinate communication between shifts and management.
- Maintain proper set-up of dining room and enforce uniform and grooming standards of all service personnel on a daily basis. Assign stations to service staff.
- Conduct daily "roll call meetings" to keep staff informed of current promotions, daily specials, guest comments, daily events and pertinent memos.
- Receive, record and make any necessary arrangements for reservations and special functions in the restaurant.
- Perform opening and closing duties. Assist others with side work to include cleaning, stocking, and folding napkins.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands (http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/our-brands/index.php) . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
The Benefits – Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits.Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Medical Insurance Coverage – for you and your family
- Mental Health Resources
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Supportive parental leave
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education: Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
* Available benefits may vary depending upon property-specific terms and conditions of employment and the terms of the collective bargaining agreement if applicable.
The hourly rate is $20.00 and is based on applicable and specialized experience and location.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Job: Bars and Restaurants
Title: Host/Hostess - Conrad Los Angeles
Requisition ID: HOT095IK
- Hilton Jobs