WeHireAmerica.jobs is a service of HR Policy Foundation and DirectEmployers Association. These two non-profit organizations are providing this free resource to help educators, policy makers and job seekers understand the great employment opportunities available here in the U.S. at some of America's biggest and best companies.
Sherwin-Williams Maintenance Mechanic in LOS ANGELES, California
Maintenance Mechanic - ( 230004QR )
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
This position is accountable for the necessary maintenance duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety and production maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. This can include: dryers, chillers, thermo oxidizer, HVAC, fire pump, mixers, mills, all filling line equipment, conveyors, wrappers, tanks, motors, pumps, tank washer, tank tipper, dock maintenance, building maintenance and any other item required by management.
What you will do:
• Inspect machinery while performing scheduled preventative maintenance
• Operate shop tools, equipment, and machines
• Repair and adjust machinery and power industrial equipment, and assist in dismantling all or parts of machinery to repair or replace defective components
• Assist in electrical projects and perform minor electrical repairs
• Assist in pipe fitting tasks and perform some installation tasks unassisted
• Maintain and service a range of building equipment such as HVAC, lighting, water and sewer, etc.
• Assist in the installation of new plant equipment
• Conduct preventive maintenance tasks in a timely manner
• Support site housekeeping and safety programs
• Eighteen (18) years of age
• Legally authorized to work in the country of employment without needing sponsorship now or in the future for employment work visa status
• Able to read, write, comprehend, and communicate in English
• Able to work overtime with or without reasonable accommodation
• One (1) year of maintenance experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
• Industrial, electrical or welding certifications, and/or a post-secondary/technical degree
• Basic electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic theory
• Knowledge of PLC programming
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
A general description of benefits offered can be found here.
This position is also eligible for bonus based on performance and subject to the terms of the Company’s applicable plans.
The compensation and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, with or without notice, subject to applicable law.
Primary Location : United States-California-LOS ANGELES
Work Locations :
USA CA Los Angeles Plant
5523 E. Slauson Avenue
Los Angeles 90040
Travel : No
Job Posting : Mar 15, 2023
Schedule : Full-time
Respond By : Mar 22, 2023
Pay Basis : 33.99 - 33.99 US Dollar (USD)
Req ID: 230004QR
Current Search Criteria