J&J Family of Companies Operator Level 2, Filling & Packaging, 3rd Shift in Los Angeles, California
Operator Level 2, Filling & Packaging, 3rd Shift
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Group of Companies develops and markets consumer healthcare, baby care, and beauty/skin care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON'S® Baby, BAND-AID® Brand, LISTERINE®, leading skin care brands such as NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO®, CLEAN & CLEAR®, LUBRIDERM® and healthcare products such as NEOSPORIN®, TYLENOL®, MOTRIN®, CORTAID®, REMBRANDT®.
The Johnson & Johnson Los Angeles Plant is currently seeking to recruit an Operator Level 2 for the Manufacturing – Fill & Pack Department on 3rd shift.
To perform this job successfully, Operator Level 2, Filling & Packaging will:
• Operators will operate various filling or packing equipment of the production floor.
• Operators perform routine checks, insuring the production lines are operating within compliance with Los Angeles Plant’s safety and quality policies, procedures, and standards.
• Operators are required to maintain housekeeping of areas and equipment and keep neat and accurate records at all times.
• Operators may be required to change parts of equipment or components of the equipment on the production lines to insure they operate within compliance with Los Angeles Plant’s safety and quality policies, procedures, and standards.
• Troubleshoots malfunction of machinery and equipment and works with the appropriate support to fix.
• Effectively communicates information with other employees on the floor important to achieving performance compliant with Los Angeles Plant’s policies, procedures, quality standards and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), as well as safety and environmental regulations.
• Works effectively with others and leadership to prioritize and achieve goals.
• Responsible for attending required meetings and trainings.
• Proposes changes to documents and procedures when discrepancies arise.
• Monitors the quality of product on current work center. Required to perform process inspections as part of Operator Self-inspector program.
• Must be willing to support a staggered schedule (ie Tuesday – Saturday).
• Willing to work overtime occasionally to support production needs.
• Perform reviews of paperwork to insure documentation and performance is compliant with Los Angeles Plant’s policies, procedures, quality standards and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), as well as safety and environmental regulations.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
High School diploma or equivalent required
Experiences & Skills:
• At least 3+ years of manufacturing experience required.
• Proficient in oral and written communication of the English language is required
• The employee will be trained in Quality in Manufacturing concepts and provided on job training. Employee must pass testing and be certified as OSI operator during the first year and re-certified on a yearly basis to maintain good standing as operator level 2.
• Experience and job skills in Filling and Packaging operation is preferred.
• Experience in a FDA regulated environment is preferred.
• Role is a third shift role. Candidate must be willing to occasionally work 1st or 2nd shifts and work a staggered schedule.
• Software proficiency in SAP software is preferred.
The noise level in the work environment is often loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, use hands, fingers, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, talk, hear, crouch or crawl, reach with hands and arms, and push and pull objects. The employee must often move within and between buildings. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Close vision is required. The ability to use a computer terminal is required to access, input and retrieve data.
Employee is required to wear GMP protective gear, including but not limited to steel toe shoes, earplugs, hairnets and safety glasses.
The position is in Los Angeles, CA and does not require travel.
United States-California-Los Angeles
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)