HCA, Hospital Corporation of America College Director of Clinical Learning Lab Support and Technology in Louisville, Kentucky
Galen College of Nursing is a vibrant and growing, single-purpose nursing college focused on expanding access to quality nursing education. Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do. Galen’s fundamental goals are to be the best place for nursing education and the best place to work and one cannot be true without the other.
At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
As you consider joining Galen, please carefully consider how you will model the culture we embrace and look to sustain. A culture where good ideas can come from anywhere and transparency is vital. Respect, accountability and integrity are non-negotiables, and commitment is created and sustained through the development of all employees. We care about each other and our students. We look for ways to exceed expectations and we are always looking for ways to improve and grow, while delivering the promise of extraordinary nursing education, matched only by a commitment to our students’ success. If you feel our culture aligns with your strength of experience, attitude and authentic desire to work with great people to help changes lives, we’d love to talk!
The College Director of Clinical Learning Lab Support and Technology provides college-wide leadership to support equipment, technical, simulated clinical supplies, and other resources for the implementation of standardized prelicensure clinical learning lab and simulation. The College Director of Clinical Learning Lab Support and Technology leads the implementation and maintenance of current and new learning technologies in the simulation and learning lab. Providesoperational and technologicalsupport and training to Simulation and Clinical Learning Lab leaders. In continuity with the achievement of Galen’s mission, vision and values, this position works collaboratively with a variety of college departments, academic leaders, campus faculty and staff.
- Leads the implementation of technologies in the learning lab environment to achieve student learning outcomes.
- Provides leadership for the use of supplies, equipment, and technologies in the implementation of standardized simulation and Learning lab experiences.
- Facilitates standardized supply formulary and par systems to ensure the learning lab has sufficient supplies and materials for the implementation of the clinical learning lab curriculum and competency performance evaluations (CPEs).
- Oversees the implementation of leader and faculty development offerings for simulation and clinical learning lab equipment and technologies to advance the quality of those experiences in collaboration with campus and college leadership.
- Provides leadership to ensure course and program improvements, based on learning experience quality evaluation data, is implemented to improve the learning lab and simulation experiences.
- Communicates with campus and college leaders any policy changes; ensures that clinical learning lab education policies are consistently and appropriately implemented.
- Participates and provides input into college-wide clinical learning lab and simulation committees.
- Participates in scholarly activities related to clinical learning lab and simulation that is consistent with organizational needs to improve the value of learning experiences and contribute to the science of the profession.
- Utilizes Healthcare Simulation Standards of Best Practice to implement standardized clinical learning laboratory and simulation-based learning experiences.
- Leads development and implementation of procedures for CLL and simulation technology and equipment maintenance is performed regularly and according to manufacturer, regulatory and/or accreditation standards including maintenance logs and documentation.
- Facilitates communication processes with equipment and supply vendors.
- Provides leadership for campus use of equipment, supplies, and technology in the Clinical Learning Laboratory and Simulation Lab and equipment for standardized learning experiences.
- Provides leadership for orientation of campus leaders, faculty and technicians to standard operating procedures, operation of equipment, use of supplies, and use of technology.
- Identifies development opportunities or training needs of individual employees and teams regarding the use of equipment, technology, and supplies. Provides coaching, feedback and training to improve operational performance.
- Participates in the annual budget process including input into department revenue and expense forecasts, staffing, supply, and equipment needs for the implementation of standardized learning experiences.
- Provides leadership for campus-level operating expenses including the utilization of supplies and equipment. Identifies cost reduction opportunities and implements actions to achieve savings while implementing standardized learning experiences
- Assists in the opening and set up of new campus simulation and learning lab areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education:Minimum of a Master of Science Degree with a major in nursing from an accredited institution required. CHSE or CHSOS Certification preferred. Previous director level leadership experience in Learning labs or simulation areas. Doctorate Degree or equivalent preferred.
Unencumbered Licensure:Applicable state as a Registered Nurse.
Experience:Minimum of five (5) current experience as a Registered Nurse. Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in clinical learning lab or simulation education.
Special Qualifications:Organizational and planning skills; knowledge of the function and operation of the various education models. Knowledge and understanding of various overseeing agency regulations and requirements. Effective written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to use personal computers, word processing, spreadsheet and/or database. Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people. Attention to detail and follow through.
Physical/Mental Demands & Work Environment:Position requires critical thinking, reading, planning, preparing, evaluating, and decision making. Physical demands in classroom and office are minimal and considered sedentary work with occasional lifting and/or carrying such articles as supplies, files, and books (25 pounds minimum). Operation of standard office equipment such as phone, computer, classroom projector, and printer/scanner, occurs on a frequent basis.
Travel:Up to 50% travel is required.
Degree of Supervision:Minimal.
/Galen College Values:/
/Inclusivity: I foster an environment that provides opportunity for every individual to reach their full potential./
/Character: I act with integrity and compassion in all I do./
/Accountability: I own my role and accept responsibility for my actions./
/Respect: I value every person as an individual with unique contributions worthy of consideration./
/Excellence: I commit myself to the highest level of quality in everything I do./
/At Galen College of Nursing, we offer a unique educational experience we call Pure Nursing. With a focus on nursing education, our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Associate, Baccalaureate, and Master's Degrees. Our baccalaureate degree in nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate and master’s degree in nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to Galen’s accreditation status, please visit our website./
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: College Director of Clinical Learning Lab Support and Technology
Location: Kentucky-Louisville-Galen College of Nursing
Requisition ID: 27750-1123GCNS-MAIN