Brunswick Attwood Marine - Safety Specialist in Lowell, Michigan
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
This position works closely with all levels of personnel and Mercury Marine’s safety team to administer and facilitate Attwood’s safety program at each facility. The Safety Specialist will work as a member of the Human Resources team, participating with manufacturing, engineering, and distribution leadership teams in creating a sustainable culture where safety is a value. This position is responsible for facilitating the development of an engaged and empowered workforce, and effective, efficient, and compliant safety processes.
MAJOR DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide leadership for implementing safety programs to achieve a zero-injury culture through engaging and empowering the workforce
Apply working knowledge of safety requirements, ergonomics, machine safeguarding, lockout, industrial hygiene, emergency response, contractor safety and safety leadership to drive continuous improvement in manufacturing and distribution operations
Identify emerging trends, critical processes, regulatory and business risks and system needs, while developing and implementing appropriate action plans to proactively prevent injuries and incidents
Develop and implement training programs in a coordinated effort to develop skills, knowledge and commitment of the workforce in hazard recognition and safe work practices
Promote a team environment, lead and facilitate discussion and planning, including safety committees, workplace audits, and other team-based activities
Work with facility leadership to implement appropriate action plans, measures and metrics to ensure commitment, alignment and accountability for improvement
Provide long term planning related to capital expenditures, risk reduction projects and safety system goals
Assist in plant 5S+1, facility inspections, audits and related projects to ensure a safe work environment
Monitor processes for adherence to MIOSHA guidelines/regulations, identify and resolve critical regulatory risks. Utilize the Brunswick SMS process to periodically review/audit facilities for improvement opportunities
Develop safety policies and procedures to support proactive continuous improvement objectives. Support Mercury/Brunswick company-wide safety improvement initiative
Oversee hazardous waste collection, storage, transportation as it relates to MDEQ and EPA environmental requirements. Complete RCRA and SARA reports.
Conduct/assist with investigation of incidents, develop corrective actions, and communicate results. Serve as a resource for worker s compensation to support appropriate follow-up in the event of an employee injury
Establish and accomplish aggressive personal goals to support business and team objectives
Assist with other Human Resources responsibilities
Education Requirements (special training, college degree, etc.)
• BS in Safety/Occupational Health, Environmental, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, or a related field is required
• Strong knowledge and background in regulatory requirements (OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, NIOSH, etc.)
• Strong background in training, workplace assessment and safety programming development
• 4+ years experience in a safety, health and environmental capacity in manufacturing and/or distribution
• Experience successfully implementing safety programs and policies is required
• Experience working in an organized labor environment is a plus
• Knowledgeable in LSS methodologies is a plus
Skill Requirements (Technical, Communication, Interpersonal, etc.)
• S&H measures, metrics and analysis
• Strong personal computer (PC) skills, Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• High degree of flexibility, ability to plan, prioritize, and adjust methods as needed
• Self-starter with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks w/ limited direction
• Great people skills, with the ability to work seamlessly in a dynamic work environment
Work Environment (travel, shift, lifting requirements, hazardous conditions, etc.)
• Must be willing to travel periodically
• Must be willing and able to work in a manufacturing and distribution environment with ability to perform same jobs as operators and storekeepers as well as in office setting
• Must be willing to work flexible times to support all shifts
No direct reports but will advise and assist a safety contact person at Largo, FL & St. Paul Park, MN sites.
We are the people behind life’s passions.
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-735-4767.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf for more information
Brunswick at http://www.brunswick.com/privacy.php and Workday Privacy Policies
#Brunswick Corporation - Mercury Marine
Brunswick Corporation (NYSE:BC) is home to the people behind life’s passions. Our company is made up of some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands in categories such as marine propulsion, boats, and parts and accessories. While we are family to 13,000 employees around the world, three divisions in 29 countries create a local environment, with our global headquarters in the Chicago suburb of Mettawa, IL.
- Brunswick Jobs