Weyerhaeuser Value Tech in Magnolia, Mississippi
Weyerhaeuser Company is currently recruiting for a conscientious and detail-oriented team member to fill the role of Value Tech for our lumber manufacturing facility located in Magnolia, MS. This highly technical role is key to ensuring all quality expectations are met and requires a strong commitment to proactive, practical application of safety and optimization in day to day operations.
Weyerhaeuser provides competitive wages and an excellent total compensation package including a health plan, 401(k), retirement plan, paid holidays, vacation, disability, life insurance, and more.
Key Functions * Responsible for working in and creating a safe environment and culture * Clean, calibrate, align and perform minor maintenance on the LHG and other value related equipment in the Planer Mill * Ensures specifications of high value products are met and manages overall lumber quality on the Dry Side (Planer Mill) * Understands process from incoming raw materials through the end point customer * Understands and applies knowledge of value systems and grading * Monitors the auto grading system and performs spot check for quality issues * Performs checks daily for lumber strength and to ensure lumber grade meets standards * Monitors performance of moisture meter, stamping, and grading systems, and makes adjustments or performs basic maintenance as needed on all value adding equipment in the Planer department (i.e. cleans, calibrates/aligns, and troubleshoots problems) * Assists in identifying and correcting issues from the Sawmill and Planer Setup that would affect lumber grade/quality * Understands operational roles of Craftsperson and Planer Set Up in order to occasionally cover breaks and absences * Works and effectively communicates with outside agencies and vendors during inspections, audits, and customer visits * Troubleshoots and researches important information to determine the root cause of quality issues and interacts effectively with others to resolve problems
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work safely and practice all company safety policies and procedures
- Must be a self-starter
- Prior experience in a lumber manufacturing facility is preferred
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn to grade lumber
- Strong computer skills (Office products)
- Able to work independently and make decisions based on data and statistical information
- Basic mechanical knowledge and ability to perform basic mechanical needs.
- Able to perform basic mathematical functions
- Must have a good understanding of electrical and computer systems along with an understanding of computer communication systems. Must possess good electrical troubleshooting skills and able to use a multimeter. Must be able to read electrical schematics.
- Willing to work Sundays as required to perform maintenance on the LHG and other value related equipment.
- Must be flexible with work schedule and able to work any shift, weekends, overtime, holidays as needed.
- Able to perform all essentials functions of an industrial environment, which may include lifting up to 50 pounds, climbing steps, working from heights, standing or walking for 2-3 hours at a time for 10 hours or more, working in extreme temperatures, dust, and noise while wearing all safety equipment.
- Successful completion of assessment process, background check and post-offer pre-employment drug screen and physical
About Wood Products We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Value Tech
Requisition ID: 01019924
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs