Lockheed Martin Project Engineering Manager in Manassas, Virginia
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: The T.A.L.E.N.T. Apprentice manager in Manassas, VA has the following primary duties:
1) manage approximately 15 High School Graduates - Engineering Apprentices across engineering functions Software, Hardware, Systems and Integration and Test on Undersea Warfare (USW) Programs;
(2) recruit and select new apprentices, and support all high school hiring activities for the Manassas E&T organization to include outreach network events in the local community for Prince William County, Manassas City, and Manassas Park City school divisions;
(3) manage the engineering work assignments of apprentices, including building effective relationships with first line managers in all engineering functions, project leadership, and senior management;
(4) meet regularly with apprentices to discuss tasking, qualification card, education, professionalism, teambuilding, mentorship, career development plan and education opportunities;
(5) support the training & development of the apprentices by ensuring qualification cards are provided for each apprentice, track qualification card progress through the program and ensure mentor involvement;
(6) provide assistance and guidance to apprentices that are pursuing higher education opportunities such as certifications and college level classes;
(7) support career growth opportunities for apprentices;
(8) provide apprentice program status updates and briefings to leadership at site, business, and corporate levels.
The Apprentice manager will have managerial responsibilities such as workforce planning, employee development plans, career discussions, yearly performance objectives, performance reviews, salary plans, and education plans for apprentices. A successful candidate will be an integral part of the Manassas T.A.L.E.N.T. Apprenticeship team of managers that work towards common practices and goals across the Manassas site. The manager may also be assigned to take on direct/contract work, proposals, or other business projects as appropriate.
A successful candidate must be well versed in Full Spectrum Leadership and must have a proven track record of exhibiting those attributes. A successful candidate should have demonstrated high performance in multiple product areas to include technical and business assignments.
The ideal candidate will have familiarity with RMS Engineering processes and development lifecycle, engineering domains and org structure, RMS products and programs, as well as existing and robust set of relationships with the Manassas E&T management team.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated volunteer and service accomplishments, particularly in the K-12 school divisions, as well as demonstrated leadership abilities and experience. The ideal candidate will also have an understanding of recruiting skills necessary to attract aspiring high school apprentice candidates that possess engineering acumen into applying for the program. Previous experience across STEM activities and disciplines will benefit in the classrooms and onsite educational events such as Women in Engineering and Minorities in Engineering events. The ideal candidate will possess outstanding communication and presentation skills necessary to successfully interact across multiple LM organizations, including executive leadership. In addition, there will be opportunities to present to audiences during special speaking events at Elementary, Middle, and High Schools as well as school board and superintendent executive meetings.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 14 years or more of professional experience; or 12 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree
• Leadership Experience
• FSL Knowledge and Practical Application
• Knowledge of T.A.L.E.N.T. Apprentice Program (Training Aspiring Locals to Engineer a new tomorrow)
• STEM Experience
• Business Experience
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Recruiting Experience
• Current knowledge of RMS programs and engineering lifecycle processes.
• Multi-domain engineering experience or awareness.
• Experience in the E&T organization.
• Ability to be a direct mentor to the apprentice and provide guidance as they mature in a professional work environment.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs