Lockheed Martin C-130 Combat Systems Operator/Avionics Systems Specialist - Level 5 in Marietta, Georgia
We are Lockheed Martin Aeronautics!
Our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 25,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
What You Will Be Doing
• Perform test flights, production acceptance flights, engineering and experimental test flights, and training flights.
• Perform ground and flight inspections to validate and verify avionics functionality and suitability for flight operations.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in avionics component operation with the ability to create training courseware for platform instruction and device training.
• Perform as an instructor CSO for company and customer ground and flight aircrew training.
• Coordinate customer training with courseware development and material reproduction, and classroom/simulator/aircraft scheduling.
• Support short and long term deployments in support of aircrew training and customer sustainment.
• Provide support for and may participate in airshow demonstrations as well as demonstration flights with customers, government officials, or other personnel aboard to exhibit aircraft performance and system capabilities.
• Provide avionics expertise and support to engineering, design developmental teams, training, customer support and marketing teams regarding aircrew interfaces.
• Assist with development of ground/flight test procedures and review, validate, verify and update flight manuals and source material.
• Assist with the development of Temporary Operating Procedures and Aircraft Operating Limitations for flight test programs.
** This role will work occasional weekends and perform CONUS and international travel assignments.
You will need to be a US Citizen, and currently possess and be able to maintain a US DoD SECRET clearance, to support this government contract, as well as successfully pass a drug and background check, in order to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
What’s In It For You: 3 day weekends every weekend!
From flexible work schedules to comprehensive benefits investing in your future and security.
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Marietta, GA Discover Marietta.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
• Must have at least 1000 hours total flying time as an EWO, Navigator, or CSO with at least 200 hours in any variant of the C-130.
• Current or previously qualified as a C-130 Instructor/Evaluator and experienced teaching avionics systems.
• Current Third Class or higher FAA physical or equivalent or able to obtain within 30 days of hiring.
• Willing to work weekends and perform CONUS and international travel assignments.
• Secret Security Clearance or able to obtain.
• Current or previously qualified in the HC/MC-130J as a CSO.
• Current or previously qualified to conduct Functional Check Flight/Acceptance Check Flight (FCF/ACF) operations in the C-130 (any variant).
• Flight test experience.
• Aerial refueling and terrain following experience in the C-130 (any variant).
• C-130 Tactical experience. Link 16/Datalink experience a plus.
• Ten years or more operational experience as an EWO, Navigator or CSO preferably in the C-130.
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Technicians
- Lockheed Martin Jobs