Lockheed Martin Mechanical Systems Engineer in Marietta, Georgia
Description: The Lockheed Martin Skunk Works® is a national asset that not only holds a legendary history but also a promising future. Just as founder Clarence “Kelly” Johnson intended, we’re not big on titles or protocol – we simply tackle the toughest technical challenges, making a real difference for our customers.
This position is for a landing gear engineer. A successful candidate will have a complete understanding of the principles and techniques for most of the following: landing gear, door mechanisms, gear retraction, hydraulic or electro-mechanical actuators, bearing selection, steering, brakes, tires and preliminary structural analysis. The candidate will coordinate efforts across a wide range of functional organizations including Airframe Design, Quality Assurance, Planning, Tooling, Structural Analysis, Materials & Processes, Flight Sciences, Test and Manufacturing.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Development, test, and validation of mechanical designs.
• Coordination with suppliers, internal and external integrated product teams, management and the customer.
• Creation and/or modification of primary and secondary structure with 3-D CATIA models, assemblies and installations.
• Creation and/or modification of system requirements, interface/supplier control drawings, performance specifications, system checkout procedures, statements of work, trade studies, and component/ground/flight test plans.
• Technical engineering support for manufacturing, installation and testing at Lockheed Martin and external supplier facilities.
***Must be a US Citizen, position is located at a facility that requires special access. Selected Applicant must have a secret clearance with an investigation completed within the last 5 years.***
• Bachelor’s or above Degree in an Engineering Discipline
• Experience in landing gear design
• Experience with CATIA, Solidworks, Pro Engineer, Creo, Unigraphics, NX or equivalent 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) tool.
• Experience in mechanism design
• Experience in CATIA V5
• Experience with metallic and composite design
• Experience with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
• Experience with hand stress analysis
• Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a Master’s degree
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs