Lockheed Martin Software Engineering- Entry Level in Marietta, Georgia
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description: The Skunk Works (Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Programs) is looking for world class talent in Software Engineering to be a part of a team that will carry on our 75 year tradition making history in advanced aircraft development.
The ideal candidate should have a background in building real-time embedded avionics/vehicle management systems, and be proficient with developing safety-critical components using C and/or C++ in a Real-Time Operating System (RTOS). The candidate so have experience writing automated unit tests, and integrating software components in a System Integration Lab (SIL).
The candidate will be responsible for all phases of developing software. Candidate responsibilities will span the technology development lifecycle, including requirements generation, system and software design and implementation, integration and flight test, and adjudicating change requests as the software is updated, tested, and integrated. Integration activities will include a multitude of host systems, such as live assets of varying capability and structure, simulated systems, and laboratory environments that include constructive simulations, physical hardware, and system simulations.
• Bachelors degree or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering from an Accredited Engineer. Other Engineering degrees considered with significant engineering software development experience.
• Experience with C, C++, and/or Java
Object Oriented Programming Principles
• Experience with Linux and associated development toolchains
• Experience with embedded real-time systems
• Experience with software version control (git, subversion, etc.)
***Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.***
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
• Experience with Systems Engineering processes (requirements development, use cases, data flows, etc.)
• Experience developing software as part of an Agile team
• Experience with Python
• Experience with compilers, build scripts, debuggers, static & dynamic code analysis tools
• Experience with automated test methodologies
• Experience with Atlassian Toolset (Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
• Experience with GUI development
• Experience with Air Vehicle Mission Planning
• Experience developing code for Air Vehicle Management or Mission Systems
• Experience with Modeling and Simulation (including familiarity with MATLAB)
• Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College
- Lockheed Martin Jobs