Lockheed Martin Supply Chain Management Asc - Intern in Marietta, Georgia
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Description: Would you like an opportunity to gain experience in the many facets of Supply Chain? Do you want to be regularly challenged to solve problems and make an impact? Are you looking for an opportunity that directly effects a company’s bottom line? Do you want to work on the leading most technologically advanced programs in the industry?
The Lockheed Martin Supply Chain team partners with more than 15,700 suppliers in 57 countries to deliver solutions that capture new business, grow current programs and accelerate Lockheed Martin into the future. Together, we deliver affordable supply chain solutions that meet all program requirements and manage supply chain risks to ensure positive supplier performance through all phases of a program.
We open doors to opportunity and innovation; come join our team today.
Standard Job Responsibilities Include:
Supply Chain Management College Intern with business and/or supply chain management related coursework to perform tasks associated with Subcontract Administrative roles as follows:
• Support and Learn the Lockheed Martin Procurement Process.
• Gain exposure to different areas such as Major Systems & Subsystems, Airframe, Categories & Services, Domestic and International.
• Learning and application potentially in our Systems Applications & Processes (SAP) Procurement system in support of various programs.
• Duties include supplier source selection, purchase order placement, contract administration, cost/price analysis, negotiations, documentation, purchase order maintenance, supplier management, and interface with functional organizations.
• Prepares Requests for Proposal, conducts bidder conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, documents and administers purchase order.
• Gain an understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS). Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts.
• Responsible to ensure parts deliver on time in a high volume, fast paced environment for multiple programs throughout different lifecycles Development, Production or Sustainment.
Pursuing Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management (SCM), Industrial Distribution, SCM related degree or business major, i.e., information systems, management, accounting, finance, economics, operations engineering.
Must be a US Citizen or legally authorized to work in US as a permanent resident. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
• Minimum of 60 College Credit Hours towards a Bachelor’s Degree
• Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to organize tasks and prioritize assignments
• Effective time management skills
• Problem-solving skills/logic
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize under pressure
• Ability to be flexible and embrace change
• Self-motivated and takes initiative
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs