Lockheed Martin Mission/Combat System Waterfront Test Engineer Lead in Marinette, Wisconsin
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking a Mission/Combat System Waterfront Test Engineer Lead for a position in Marinette, WI as part of the on-site Littoral Class Ships and Multi-Mission Surface Combatant Ships support team. The primary program customer is the United States Navy with on-site representation provided by the Supervisor of Ship Building, Bath Detachment. The team in Marinette also partners closely with the Fincantieri Marine Group who is our primary subcontract partner responsible for ship construction. Responsibilities for this position, will include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinate planning, organization, control, integration and completion of testing supporting Mission/Combat System installation through final demonstration.
• Develop and update the Master Test Evaluation Program Plan as needed to ensure compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
• Oversee execution of the Total Ship test program including the planning of resources, test procedure conduct and test report submittal to meet contract requirements.
• Work with the Test Engineers and Test Leads to status, communicate objectives of the day, week and month, assess skill and complexity of tasks, issue work direction, establish expectations of tasks completion to meet schedule performance goals.
• Represent the Mission/Combat System Test Team in collaboration efforts to include attending weekly meetings and monthly or quarterly customer briefings as well as internal coordination meetings.
• Ensure process integrity to include Safety, Requirements, Schedule & Cost which include but are not limited to; creating and managing performance metrics for the test program.
• Interface with multiple cross functional organizations to resolve issues or constraints in the support of the test program.
• Develop corrective action investigations, root cause analysis, advise on innovations and process improvements, implement digital transformation (DX) initiatives.
• Lead the waterfront test team through their daily technical activities.
• Work closely with the Mission Systems Test Manager and Program Management Office to execute the LCS and MMSC test programs.
The applicant will be required to work extended work hours/days on an as-required basis.
The applicant will need to be able to work both in an office environment and onboard ships in a shipyard environment, including riding the ship during Sea Trials.
Progressive experience and cross-functional knowledge in a test and evaluation or shipboard operational environment.
Good communication skills, written and oral, including technical writing skills that support leading people in a virtual and matrix organization using Skype or other media tools to positive outcomes.
Good business acumen, ability to understand financial Earned Value data.
Experience with implementation, process discipline with a focus on efficiency, and optimization in test/operational environments.
Detailed Microsoft office suite application experience that provides the ability to perform detailed analytics and planning as it relates to test and evaluation operations.
Ability to research design and implementation issues, read and translate engineering drawings.
Ability to communicate construction approaches and deficiencies.
Experience with agile or lean programs/operations.
Ability to monitor and evaluate schedule and cost performance including review of ongoing and upcoming projects, investigating late/overdue and underbudget activities, and assisting program supervision in findings and solutions.
Ability to perform analysis and studies in depth, make professional presentations, and keep up with technical advancements.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs