HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) PCU in McAllen, Texas
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a *Licensed Vocational Nurse in the Progressive Care Unit. *
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
_Rio Grande Regional Hospital – McAllen, TX_
_Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) – Progressive Care Unit_
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH), an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 30 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient services.
What you will do in this role:
Perform high quality direct patient care within the scope of the Vocational Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the patient with cardiovascular disorders.
- Use therapeutic communication in daily practice
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic environment for the PCU/Telemetry patient
- Collaborate with RN in the nursing process and contribute to the individualized plan of care
- Gather systems data with demonstrated skill in cardiovascular needs
- Contribute data from the care given by other healthcare staff
- Treat all patients and families with dignity, respect and appreciation of their lifestyles, language, religion and culture
- Provide care for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients in PCU/Telemetry department
- Support and promote an environment that is conducive to quality customer service
- Apply the identified process for common cardiovascular emergencies
What qualification you will need:
- Current Texas LVN License
- Current BCLS issued by the American Heart Association
- Graduate of an accredited school of vocational nursing
- Acute Care experience within the last five years required
- Cardiovascular experience preferred
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: *Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) PCU *
Location: Texas-McAllen-Rio Grande Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00372-8851