Hilton Manager, GM&E Solutions in McLean, Virginia
***This role is based in McLean, VA, or Dallas, TX, with the possibility of being remote***
Hilton’s Commercial Services organization is comprised of over 4,000 team members driving our sales, revenue management, call center, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton’s “commercial engine” and are key to Hilton’s ability to drive profitable growth.
What will I be doing?
As the Manager, GM&E Solutions, you will coordinate and collaborate with team members and internal business partners to reinforce the development of products that support Hilton’s global GM&E vision. You will support the advancement of Hilton’s global Group Meetings and Events (GM&E) Platform through the activation of new group distribution products, advancing the GM&E roadmap, and ensuring an efficient and proactive customer experience for both internal and external users. You will chip into the overall platform vision and align business leads and team members to deliver against project goals. The Manager, GM&E Solutions works closely with the GM&E solutions and product teams and with external partners to proactively craft solutions for our customers, hotels, and owners. You will also work to ensure that the organizational change strategy includes a focus on effective communication, training, and support for sustained adoption and results and ensures that standard methodologies and procedures remain current within the changing group, meeting, and event landscape.
More specifically, you will:
- Closely collaborate with the GM&E Solutions and Product teams to implement Hilton’s product strategy in the GM&E distribution space.
- Engage subject matter authorities and key influencers, in conjunction with providing extensive first-party research, to resolve overarching business goals and develop product requirements.
- Provide critical thinking to incorporate emerging trends and innovative technologies into future business processes that support the enhancement and improvement of the GM&E customer experience.
- Apply analytical abilities to examine data, ideas, identify assumptions and obtain detailed information to support the delivery of GM&E products. This involves ensuring solutions are focused on providing efficient service, groundbreaking user experiences, and improved adoption results, both on and above property.
- Coordinate with product leads to develop appropriate content for business socialization, driving communication and organizational change across the business.
- Lead solutions testing and production deployments for key GM&E enhancements across platforms.
- Support the GM&E Solutions team to bring products to the market by coordinating with vital team members on deployment planning/execution, operational support planning, and other transition activities to achieve live, steady-state operation.
- Resolve or escalate issues that impact the project schedules. Work with partners, internal leads, and third-party Project Managers to achieve goals and mitigate risks. Facilitate the process to set priorities when challenging objectives exist.
- Lead product support strategies across internal functions to ensure a seamless customer experience with expected resolution management.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for dreamers, who are passionate about hospitality and who love to have the opportunity to create sales process improvements. We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative and differentiated solutions, conclusions, and creative methods
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to explain complex issues in a clear and concise manner, and to engage audiences when communicating these issues broadly
- Collaborates effectively and forms positive partnerships on large-scale projects with team members in groups and levels across a matrixed organization
- Multi-tasker, who handles multiple projects and priorities with a cool head under time constraints to effectively balance concurrent demands
- Ability to influence partners and maintain positive relationships across multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to articulate the project vision, the foresight to anticipate potential problems, and the flexibility to change directions to achieve the desired outcomes
- Committed self-starter and accountable individual, who takes initiative in implementing goals, meeting deadlines, and recommending improvements
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of professional experience
- Two (2) years of experience within the hospitality or travel industry
- One (1) year of practical experience leading cross-functional projects or strategic business initiatives
- Deep understanding of the hospitality and travel industry and experience within the Group Channel segment
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams
- Travel as required (up to 20%)
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
- One (1) year of product environment experience
- Experience working with dynamic and fast-paced Agile product teams
- In-depth understanding of key sales and distribution systems such as Delphi or Salesforce
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton (https://www.hilton.com/en/): a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/brands) . Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/benefits) such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/diversity-home2) environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/blog) and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/hiltoncareers/) to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, and our travel discount. The salary for this role varies by applicable and specialized experience and location (Colorado & New York City applicants: Please click here for additional information). Subject to plan terms and conditions, you will be eligible to participate in the Development Bonus Plan consistent with other team members at the same level and/or position within the Company. #LI-REMOTE
Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, and our travel discount. The salary for this role varies by applicable and specialized experience and location (Colorado & New York City applicants: Please click here (https://bit.ly/3rPqHKZ) for additional information). Subject to plan terms and conditions, you will be eligible to participate in the Development Bonus Plan consistent with other team members at the same level and/or position within the Company.#LI-REMOTE
Job: Commercial Capabilities
Title: Manager, GM&E Solutions
Requisition ID: COR0131K
- Hilton Jobs