Hilton Senior Analyst, Category Intelligence in McLean, Virginia
Hilton Supply Management (HSM) is the largest global hospitality-focused organization that supports our brands, owners, and operators. With 6 billion dollars of spend influence and over 2000 suppliers, this function has transformed the way supply chain and procurement adds value to the hospitality industry. HSM is a strong partner to all our brands, helping influence and drive programs with unique and distinctive products and services. HSM is proud of its diverse and talented team members worldwide that also give back to the community by supporting aggressive sustainability, supplier diversity, and responsible sourcing goals.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Analyst – Category Intelligence, you will be responsible for supporting the strategy and development of business intelligence to support Hilton Supply Management’s (HSM) business goals. Do you enjoy finding creative opportunities for improvement? If so, you will love this role! You will conduct analysis and provide recommendations on supplier compliance, product rationalizations, SKU reduction, and identifying other strategies for process improvement.
More specifically, you will:
- Support the overall strategy for Hilton Supply Management’s (HSM) Category Intelligence team.
- Extract procurement data from various reporting and ERP systems and interpret it holistically to provide timely, high-quality, and accurate reports and other deliverables.
- Review and conduct studies on specific requirements such as product rationalization, contract savings erosion and leakage, identification of non-compliant users and lost savings, predictive analysis, commodity research, trend monitoring, and other activities as assigned.
- Conduct continuous requirements gathering sessions with HSM teams to understand current and future needs and strategies.
- Handle projects, report creation, and daily administrative support.
- Prepare reports, dashboards, presentations, surveys, project plans, and other materials as needed.
- Work closely with HSM internal teams, customers, and other partners to understand business needs and purpose; conduct regular assessments of effectiveness and modify and/or enhance technologies as company needs require.
- Maintain current industry knowledge and attend ongoing training on procurement standard methodologies and procedures.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Self-starter, well-organized, and willing to take ownership of responsibilities and possess a high level of positive energy and drive
- Interpersonal communicators, who will positively influence Hilton’s partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing
- Problem-solving skills to effectively and creatively find solutions for hard problems while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others
- Active listening skills
- Flexible to changing organizational requirements
- Highly organized and detail-focused
- Good judgment and decision-making skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to provide recommendations for optimal solutions
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Five (5) years of Procurement experience
- Three (3) years of Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, and/or Business Intelligence experience
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Office, including Excel
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
- Seven (7) years of Procurement or Supply Management experience
- Three (3) years of experience in business intelligence, procurement analytics, change management reporting tools such as Tableau or other BI tools
- Hospitality Industry experience
What is it like working for Hilton?
Hilton is the world’s leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For over a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job: Supply Management, Procurement, Purchasing, and Receiving
Title: Senior Analyst, Category Intelligence
Requisition ID: COR0117B
- Hilton Jobs