Hilton Senior Analyst, Internal Audit in McLean, Virginia
***This role will be based in McLean, VA, and will offer a hybrid schedule that allows remote work when possible***
Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
Our Internal Audit team serves as a critical business partner to the Finance and multiple functional departments throughout the Company. We protect and improve the organization by providing risk-based objective assurance, insights, and advice to add value through our work.
What will I be doing?
The Internal Auditor will work on project reviews of financial, operational, and compliance risks and controls across the Company, from planning to final report issuance. This position supports a team primarily responsible for risk-based hotel audits across Hilton’s Americas operations, while also assisting to build and implement data analytics capabilities within the Internal Audit department. This includes building, integrating, and maturing the department’s automation and data monitoring efforts. Additionally, this position may audit the Centralized Accounting Office (COE) located in Memphis, TN and corporate processes in the US and properties in Hilton's Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) and Asia-Pacific (APAC) regions.
More specifically, you will:
- Complete assigned projects from the risk-based Internal Audit Plan
- Conduct assessments of internal controls, financial results, corporate processes, hotel operations, compliance requirements, etc.
- Educate and advise management and process owners on accounting and internal control requirements
- Participate in audits of hotels including detailed testing in support of the company’s Internal Controls over Financial Reporting, annual SOC-1, Area Offices, Corporate functions, Centralized Accounting, and other business areas (as needed)
- Work with the external audit team, Internal Audit Team Members, guest auditors, and Hilton's co-source service providers to complete audits timely and efficiently
- Extract, transform, and prepare large structured and unstructured data information for analysis
- Reconcile and evaluate data sets for completeness, quality, and accuracy
- Create reporting and dashboards to assist the Internal Audit team in evaluating controls, objectives, and identifying areas of significant risk
- Automate activities to increase efficiencies in processes
- Review various data sources to detect trends and anomalies across Hilton functions
- Design data visualizations to communicate information, ideas, and findings to non-technical key partners
- Manage/build positive relationships with business process owners and senior management
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Superb communication skills to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing to all levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instill confidence to motivate and influence others
- Full discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Strong financial, statistical, and operational data analytical skills, including the ability to effectively address issues and ability to identify and prevent potential problems
- Ability to work within time constraints and optimally handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to collaborate and act in an independent and objective manner to effectively solve problems and stay on track towards accomplishing goals
- Project management skills, including handling details through completion and ensuring project deadlines are met
- Knowledge of business mathematics, building and manipulating financial models and spreadsheets with strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Power BI
- Positive attitude, superior interpersonal and collaboration skills, and strong work ethic with self-accountability for high-quality results
- The highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity as well as discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Two (2) years of experience in audit, accounting, or financial analysis
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to lead meetings
- Travel up to 20% (may include destination requiring passport/visa)
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, or related
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Prior use of data analysis techniques, audit, and financial systems (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau, AuditBoard, Excel (Macros/VBA), Power BI, Oracle Applications, SQL, Python)
- Proficient with Microsoft Visio
- Proficient in spoken and written foreign language
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton (https://www.hilton.com/en/): a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/brands) . Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/benefits) such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/diversity-home2) environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/blog) and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/hiltoncareers/) to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Title: Senior Analyst, Internal Audit
Requisition ID: COR012US
- Hilton Jobs