Hilton Senior Digital Accessibility Analyst in McLean, Virginia
*** The location for this position is virtual/remote ***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to Hilton Smart Rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Digital Accessibility Analyst, you will build positive partnerships with the technology delivery teams to ensure that Hilton's digital technology can be used by Team Members and customers with disabilities. You will participate in our digital technology delivery efforts, serving as the advocate for our guests with various disabilities (vision, hearing, motor, cognitive, etc.). You will possess a deep understanding of accessibility standards and practices used to achieve compliance with the accessibility standards published by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). You will help develop of rich, accessible experiences for guests of all abilities throughout their journey with Hilton.
More specifically, you will:
- Support product delivery teams in their efforts to craft, develop, test, deliver and maintain target accessibility standards.
- Review and understand all new proposed digital features and provide mentorship to the teams, as well as, recommendations for delivery.
- Understand the assistive technologies currently available for our customers, the technologies used to measure compliance, and to remain up to speed on innovations in both.
- Review and advise new features and functions at the wireframing stage of ideation.
- Identify, build, and deliver self-service documentation and in-context training, to improve the teams’ abilities to deliver accessible digital experiences.
- Conduct usability testing with people with disabilities
What are we looking for?
We are seeking problem solvers who are passionate about growing in a dynamic industry and who love to combine their analytical skills with intuition for business. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to work within a dynamic environment and prioritize with focus and precision
- Work respectfully and sensitively with members of diverse populations
- A self-starter who exhibits initiative, drive and dependability
- Navigates comfortably around unstructured challenges and models, influences, and motivates others to drive accessible product delivery
- Previous experience working directly with people who have a disability or has a lived experience.
- Solid understanding of WCAG 2.0, WCAG 2.1 and usability principles that impact users with disabilities
- Familiarity with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as regional and international accessibility laws
- Hands on experience with assistive technology devices including screen readers, screen magnification, alternative keyboard inputs, etc.
- Experience completing accessibility audits for web and mobile web
- Familiarity with Accessibility Compliance Monitoring software platforms and automated accessibility testing tools
- Ability to provide technical assistance and remediation guidance at the code level to multi-functional teams
- Knowledge of accepted accessibility interaction patterns and standard methodologies
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and JIRA
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of professional experience in technology or related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in the digital accessibility field.
- Travel - up to 10% as needed.
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Associate’s Degree plus 6 years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED plus 12 years of Technology related experience
- Certificate in Accessibility, Web Development or User Experience
- Hold an active CPACC or WAS certification
- Seven (7 ) years of professional experience in technology or related field
- Prior web development experience in the IT Industry
- Prior experience in the Hospitality industry
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton (https://www.hilton.com/en/): a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/brands) . Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/benefits) such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/diversity-home2) environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/blog) and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/hiltoncareers/) to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For Colorado applicants only: The annual salary range for this role starts at $62,500 and is based on applicable and specialized experience and location. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, and our travel discount. Subject to plan terms and conditions, you will be eligible to participate in the Hilton Annual Incentive (Bonus) Plan consistent with other team members at the same level and/or position within the Company.
Title: Senior Digital Accessibility Analyst
Requisition ID: COR011NK
- Hilton Jobs