Hilton Senior Lead Platform Architect in McLean, Virginia
***This role is based at one of our corporate offices in McLean, VA, Dallas, TX, Memphis, TN, or can be Remote***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to Hilton Connected Room that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Lead Platform Architect, you will be responsible for technical architecture and strategies, ensuring delivery of reliable, performant, and scalable solutions that meet the needs of the enterprise and its customers within the customer journey on our web platform. Working within an Agile framework, you will partner collaboratively with Architects, Developers, and Product Leads to implement and evolve solutions that enable Hilton to maintain its position as a leader in Hospitality.
More specifically, you will:
- Define the web platform technical architecture and strategies, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensure technical architecture, strategies, and solutions align with business objectives and vision
- Work with architects, developers, release engineers, and other engineering teams to improve test automation, application performance, reliability, code quality and consistency, delivery, and velocity
- Ensure core principles and best practices are followed throughout the design, development, and delivery of technical solutions
- Participate in tool selection, implementation, and problem-solving across the customer journey
- Lead, mentor, and interview other developers and architects to evolve and grow the engineering teams
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Problem-solver who is passionate about growing in a dynamic industry and loves to combine their analytical skills with intuition for business
- Organized self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Strong personality and leadership skills to implement architecture principles and set teams up for success
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with Focus and Precision
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Collaborative teamwork that brings to bear positive partnerships and proven ability to partner with multi-functional leads
- Able to optimally balance multiple platforms, teams, assignments, and priorities
To fulfill this role optimally, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of professional work experience in Technology or a related field
- Demonstrated ability with Agile Methodology
- Travel up to 10%, as needed
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Associate’s Degree plus 6 years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED plus 12 years of Technology related experience
- Ten (10) years of professional work experience in Technology or a related field
- Experience with large e-commerce and digital delivery
- Working knowledge and experience with AWS web-related technologies
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton (https://www.hilton.com/en/): a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/brands) . Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/benefits) such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/diversity-home2) environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/blog) and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/hiltoncareers/) to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, access to our employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) where you can purchase Hilton shares at a 15 percent discount, a 401(k) savings plan, 20 days of paid time off accruing over your first year of employment and increasing up to 25 days after completing one year of full employment, up to 12 weeks of parental leave for birth parents and 4 weeks for non-birth parents, 10 paid holidays and 2 floating holidays throughout the year, up to 5 bereavement days, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, an employee assistance program, travel insurance, a legal services program, an educational assistance program, adoption assistance, a backup childcare program, pre-tax commuter benefit and our travel discount. The annual salary range for this role is $120,000-$165,000 and is determined based on applicable and specialized experience and location.Subject to plan terms and conditions, you will be eligible to participate in the Hilton Annual Incentive (Bonus) Plan, consistent with other team members at the same level and/or position within the Company.#LI-REMOTE
Job: Software Engineering
Title: Senior Lead Platform Architect
Requisition ID: COR013OU
- Hilton Jobs