Hilton Senior Specialist, HR Consulting in McLean, Virginia
Our Global HR team partners with our business leaders to attract, retain, and develop Hilton's most important asset, our Team Members.
What will I be doing?
Your love for and expertise in project coordination will help build an outstanding HR experience for our team members and leaders at Hilton!
As the HR Consulting Senior Specialist, you will coordinate presentation development, communications, and dashboard development to support our HR consulting team. You will work cross-functionally with other teams in HR, Finance, and more to ensure a seamless Team Member experience. You will report to the Senior Director, HR Consulting, and work across the HR Consulting team.
More specifically, you will:
- Play a significant role in coordinating high-priority HRC support for performance management, compensation cycle, talent planning, and engagement initiatives.
- Develop presentations, org charts, and communications to deliver clear and effective guidance and data to support the business.
- Develop project plans and acts as a project owner on HR initiatives, partnering with internal constituents & clients to execute and implement in support of specific HR priorities.
- Forecast out upcoming initiatives and dates of importance and ensure HR Consultants are equipped with the right information to support their clients.
- Pull reports and provide analysis utilizing Excel pivot tables and VLOOKUP, handle data integrity.
- Partner regularly with global departments including HRX, Benefits, Compensation, HRIS, Payroll, and Technology.
- Work closely with members of the Global HR group to ensure high quality and accurate information is collated and shared out to HR Consultants
- Provide accurate controls and conduct HRIS audits to ensure data integrity.
- Support other special projects as directed by leadership.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Outstanding critical thinking skills - using quantitative and qualitative reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions and identify the best path forward.
- Exceptional Presentation skills (PPT) and Excel knowledge, including the ability to understand/manipulate and tell stories using data, as well as partner with HR Analytics.
- A passionate driver of efficient and effective processes. Always looking for better ways to do things.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, persuasion, and comprehension skills.
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to optimally balance multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to quickly develop a deep understanding of the employee lifecycle and HR annual calendar in a global corporate environment.
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Four (4) years of professional work experience
- One (1) year of project management experience (coordinating project timelines and tasks)
- Intermediate Excel knowledge and familiarity with creating dashboards, reports (VLOOKUP, pivot tables)
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Proven track record in creating strong partnerships in a matrixed environment and collaborate across many partners
- Advanced Excel knowledge and familiarity with dashboards/data reporting
- Prior experience using an HRIS system (Oracle, Workday)
- Two (2) years of HR Coordination or HR Generalist experience
What is it like working for Hilton?
Hilton is the world’s leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For over a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job: Human Resources
Title: Senior Specialist, HR Consulting
Requisition ID: COR0119W
- Hilton Jobs