Hilton Interior Design Specialist Innovation, Focused Service Brands in Memphis, Tennessee
Our Architecture & Design Department delivers truly exceptional properties that delight our guests, reward our partners, and reflect the unique cultures of their geographical locations. With design and construction professionals across 16 locations, we have the advantages of a global presence as well as the benefits of local resources, skills, and expertise.
What will I be doing?
As the Interior Design Specialist, you will provide highly creative interior design expertise to designated Hilton Brands, Franchisees, and portfolio teams within the Focused Service and All Suites category at Hilton. Reporting to the Senior Director, you will help Hilton’s Focused Service and All Suites brands command the position of most design-forward and innovative in comparison to our competitors while assisting in maintaining clear and established brand identities for the Homewood Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, Home2, and Tru!
- Provide support to the Senior Director for all internal design efforts.
- Assist in guiding third-party design consultants on brand prototype efforts.
- Review interior design submittals on all in-house projects for consistency in Brand standards, innovation, alignment with established brand strategies, and execution of new design initiatives.
- Partner with Hilton's preferred vendors and manufacturers in the development of materials, fabrics, furnishings, and custom design elements for each Focused Service and All Suites brand.
- Review shop drawings and millwork drawings for quality and accuracy.
- Maintain a deep understanding of current Hilton Brand standards and assist in the development of new Standards continually refining and improving our products.
- Collaborate with Hilton's internal teams, Products Experience & Prototypes (PE&P), Global Shared Technical Services (GSTS), and Hilton Supply Management (HSM) teams.
- Attend trade shows and manufacturing plants representing Hilton Design.
- Attend mock-up reviews, site installations, and furniture reviews, to provide clear and accurate records and reporting.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking innovators who are passionate about design and who love the opportunity to create transformations through their projects. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Passionately creative, forward thinking and having a constant finger on the pulse of current design trends, innovative products, and the newest technology.
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and strong visual memory.
- Extraordinary design abilities working with color, pattern, scale, proportion, and material coordination.
- Strong background in hospitality design projects and advanced space-planning abilities.
- Ability to clearly articulate complicated design direction to internal and external partners.
- Ability to read design drawings and shop drawings and visualize the three-dimensional result.
- Take initiative in implementing project goals, applies analytical skills, and possesses adaptability to change.
- Strong hand sketching skills.
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years of experience in a creative interior design role
- One (1) year in Microsoft Office software; specifically PowerPoint
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Three (3) years of hospitality interior design experience at a top creative design firm
- Certification: NCIDQ
- Proficiency in InDesign, AutoCAD and Bluebeam
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree or Certificate in Interior Design, Fine Arts or Architecture
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton (https://www.hilton.com/en/): a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/brands) . Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/benefits) such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/diversity-home2) environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/blog) and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/hiltoncareers/) to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job: Architecture, Design, and Development
Title: Interior Design Specialist Innovation, Focused Service Brands
Requisition ID: COR011XI
- Hilton Jobs