WeHireAmerica.jobs is a service of HR Policy Foundation and DirectEmployers Association. These two non-profit organizations are providing this free resource to help educators, policy makers and job seekers understand the great employment opportunities available here in the U.S. at some of America's biggest and best companies.
Sherwin-Williams Plant Manager in MEMPHIS, Tennessee
Plant Manager - ( 230003YV )
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position is responsible for the manufacturing and packaging of high-quality finished goods, quick response and cycle times, as well as the constant improvement of manufacturing efficiencies. In addition, this position is responsible for developing and maintaining a safe work environment in compliance with all state and federal laws, maintaining plant manufacturing programs within budget, continuous improvement in the quality of our products, and directing and driving all company continuous improvement efforts in the 5 focus areas of Operational Excellence: Safety, People, Service, Quality and Cost.
Major Tasks Include:
• Direct the safe manufacturing of production orders.
• Maintain and support a superior safety and housekeeping program, including all timely communication initiatives.
• Direct Supervisors and Team Leaders and others to assure safe, timely, cost effective production and packaging operations.
• Develop and execute plant manufacturing budgets.
• Analyze workforce requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring that all training programs are conducted properly.
• Ensure that high quality products are produced through Plant Quality Systems Program.
• Maintain good working relationships with all employees.
• Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all operations employees.
• Provide leadership for the successful day to day operation of the facility.
• Foster and operate in a continuous improvement environment.
• Remove production constraints; allocate human and equipment resources and direct production employees to attain all established goals.
• Remove waste and constraints from the production process to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or eight years of work experience
• Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without needing sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future
• Must have at least 3 years of experience in a manufacturing or distribution facility, or in an operations environment.
• Formal training and/or experience with continuous improvement tools such as Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, Transactional Lean, etc.
• Previous experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Previous experience with Safety systems and enforcement of Safety rules and policies.
• Experience with VPP (Voluntary Protection Program)
• Previous experience of a P&L and basic understanding of financial and accounting practices.
• Previous experience/knowledge of paint or chemical processing
• Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt, Black Belt, Etc.)
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
A general description of benefits offered can be found here.
This position is also eligible for bonus and long-term incentive compensation awards based on performance and subject to the terms of the Company’s applicable plans.
The compensation and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, with or without notice, subject to applicable law.
Primary Location : United States-Tennessee-MEMPHIS
Work Locations :
USA TN Memphis Plant
404 East Mallory
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting : Mar 24, 2023
Schedule : Full-time
Respond By : Apr 8, 2023
Pay Basis : 109,979.22 - 142,466.21 US Dollar (USD)
Req ID: 230003YV
Current Search Criteria