HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Care Technician (PCT) Progressive Care in Miami, Florida
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Progressive Care Unit Full Time Nights FTE 0.9 Kendall Regional Medical Center Miami, FL * * Facility Description: Kendall Regional Medical Center is a 417-bed, full-service, acute hospital providing 24-hour comprehensive care in the community including trauma, burn, surgical, women’s and children’s services, behavioral health and diagnostic services, along with two full service free-standing ER facilities, one in Doral and the other at The Palms Town & Country.
Located in west Miami-Dade County, Kendall Regional Medical Center has received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Overall Clinical Excellence from HealthGrades. This national recognition places us in the top 5% of hospitals in the nation for overall clinical quality. We are a Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center certified by the Florida Department of Health and verified as a Level I Adult Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons. Kendall is certified as a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and we are one out of only five American Burn Association verified Burn Centers in the state. With six ACGME accredited Graduate Medical Education programs Kendall strives to be a leading community-based research hospital.
Why not join our team at Kendall Regional Medical Center where you will experience a dynamic career with a hospital that continues to reward clinical professionals for their commitment and provide growth opportunities while encouraging you to enjoy a healthy lifestyle outside of work in a culturally diverse and friendly community?
Benefits: We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
Job Description: The Patient Care Technician assists the professional nursing personnel by performing patient care activities, secretarial functions and ensuring patient satisfaction under the supervision of the RN in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Kendall Regional Medical Center.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Performs and documents care, procedures, treatments and reports abnormal values and/or patient responses to the RN.
* Assists patients with nutritional needs, by preparing them for their meal or feeding them.
* Answers patient call lights in a timely manner and responds to patient needs/requests.
* Organizes and facilitates the admission and discharge process on the Unit by correctly relating information and transcribing orders in compliance with hospital and nursing services policies and procedures.
* Transcribes Physician's Orders under the supervision of a registered nurse as well as reviews all orders and call to the attention of the registered nurse all stat orders or illegible writing. * Prepares the medical record for transfer, admission, or Medical Examiners cases.
* * Active Certified Nursing Assistance license with the State of Florida * American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification. * Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. * Basic computer knowledge. * Vocational/Technical degree * 1-3 years preferred relevant experience
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Patient Care Technician (PCT) Progressive Care
Location: Florida-Miami-Kendall Regional Medical Center - Kendall
Requisition ID: 01356-13762