Assurant VP, Global Policy & Claims Sys in Miami, Florida
The VP, Connected Living Technology leader will report directly to the SVP & Senior Information officer and works closely with business development, CL executive strategy team, functional leaders across global footprint countries regarding the policy and claims administration capabilities. * Leads the Development, BA, BSA, QA teams on short and long-term strategy to align and obtain business objectives identified by CL Strategic Imperatives. * Ensure timely and accurate deployment of new products, product updates, and content from a technology and operational perspective. * Acts as a key planner and leader, mapping out company milestones and equipping the team to reach those milestones on time. * Measure team effectiveness with goal setting and progress measurement, performance reviews, and regular informal feedback * Oversee technology operations teams to ensure we’re carefully managing our vendor and client service levels as established within key contracts and relationships * Continuously communicate internally the details of given project timelines, challenges, priorities, delays, etc., such that all stakeholders have an understanding of any given initiative, minor or major. * Identifies and acts on opportunities for continuous improvement. Encourages prudent risk taking, exploration of alternative approaches and organizational learning * Demonstrates personal commitment to change through actions and words. Mobilizes others to support change through times of stress and uncertainty. * Serves as a liaison with other organization components; establishes and maintains the working rapport necessary to develop cooperation and effectively integrate area services into the company’s overall business. * Remains abreast of developments in the field(s) by pursuing a program of self-development, participating in professional organizations, interacting with peers, reviewing pertinent literature, and so forth. Incorporates advance when practicable and cost effective. * Develops, approves, and implements policies designed to ensure the attainment of agreed upon goals in accordance with approved plans for area(s) of responsibility. Ensures the development of procedures necessary to implement policy. Provides the overall direction necessary to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective area services. * Participates on committees and in programs for safety, fire prevention, disaster recovery, business continuity and so forth. Ensures the development of specific plans for inclusion in these programs. * Directs the preparation of records as well as recurring and special reports and analyses for area(s) of responsibility ensuring that they are complete, accurate and prepared on time. Reviews and interprets these in order to ascertain the extent to which goals are being attained. Takes corrective action as necessary. * May serve as a Connected Living Business Board member. * Directs strategy for enhancing employee engagement levers. Responsible for building bench strength and succession plans.The Sr. Directors and directors of the policy and claims implementation and delivery teams that support all regions will report into this position. Possibility of up to eight (8) direct reports. * Administers or delegates the administration of budgets, approving expenditures, reviewing reports, and so forth. Provides responses to Finance department on budget variances. Responsible for identifying initiatives that would improve the Return on Equity (ROE) metric for the business unit. * Develop and secure approval of a coordinated budget for multiple area(s) of responsibility, and guides subordinate managerial leaders in the development of their forecasts and budgets as necessary.
The leader in this role is required to possess skills and/or experience in the following areas:
- A strong technology background with hands-on experience in architecting, designing and building highly scalable multi-facet solutions (in-house built applications, integration to 3PTY technologies, digital web services, customer engagement technologies, etc.).
- Passionate about building compelling user experience.
- Disciplined but agile, Process oriented but flexible in managing a global team.
- Experience in Cloud Infrastructure solutions and operations management – international and North America
- Experience in building solution-based product and services.
- Strong project management experience and solution delivery implementations
- Fifteen or more years of work experience, including experience in a global operational team, matrix environment where you’ve grown a team to respond to increasing demand and technology shifts.
- Experience leading a company through multiple major financing rounds
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience working in an international setting with remote teams; sensitive to cultural differences and strong emotional intelligence
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize actions
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment, and to juggle several projects at once with a spirit of flexibility and positive outlook
- Environment/Physical Demands:This position requires incumbents to regularly sit at a desk and operate standard office equipment such as a computer and phone.
- Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, lift, carry and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to talk and hear.
- Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Travel * This position requires frequent travel to global destinations as need and as frequently as 30% of the time.
Job: *Business Analytics/Intelligence
Title: VP, Global Policy & Claims Sys
Requisition ID: 57779