Marriott Franchised Engineering Manager/Chief Engineer in Milpitas, California
Job Number 20054047
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Element San Jose Milpitas, 521 Alder Drive, Milpitas, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Element Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Lodging Dynamics Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Engineering Manager/Chief Engineer will provide guidance and leadership to the entire Engineering team and ensure all hotel building standards are met. The Engineering Manager will inspect and ensure the hotel building is operating in optimal condition.
It is a working Department Head position that is responsible for the Engineering team and managing of all related functions, including but not limited to the following:
• Coach, lead, and inspire engineering team by training and setting clear goals and objectives.
• Supervise and Execute maintenance operations for the facility to include but not limited to refrigeration, CPO Certified, heating, plumbing, HVAC, kitchen and laundry equipment, emergency systems, electrical systems, painting and finish work, dry wall, pool equipment’s etc.
• Conducts inventory, purchasing and maintains department checkbook to ensure budgetary and forecast guidelines are met.
• Ensure routine preventive maintenance on laundry equipment, heating and air conditioning units, elevators, Motion Fitness machines, Kitchen equipment’s, ice machines, fire extinguishers, fire/smoke alarms, lawn sprinklers, lawn equipment and plumbing are performed as required by the respective manufacturer and in accordance with warranty specifications.
• Maintain key control files and logs. Follow proper key control procedures.
• Continuously update status of all rooms under maintenance to the Front Desk. Verify final report with Front Desk.
• Meet compliance of hotels internal and external audits related to: Safety & Security, Quality Assurance, Health Department Compliance, Fire Inspections, Hotel Major Equipment, OSHA and ADA with City and Marriott teams.
• Ensure swimming pool and fire pits maintenance duties are performed according to manufacturer specifications and local Health Department regulations.
• Update and maintain engineering policies, procedures, work orders, miscellaneous projects, upgrades & repairs and ensure compliance with all LDHG and Element brand standards.
• Monitor vendors to ensure quality, delivery, warranties, exchanges, upgrades, etc. are consistently utilized.
• Maintain, oversee, and track results of the preventive maintenance programs for guest rooms, meeting rooms, public areas, back of house areas and all equipment.
• Purchase tools, supplies, parts, and replacement items, maintain a monthly inventory of maintenance supplies and reorder as appropriate.
• Maintain the hotel grounds and building exteriors on a daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal basis.
• Ensure a 24/7 coverage including on-call status and act as Manager on Duty when scheduled.
• Obtain competitive bids for all supplies and work orders and preventative maintenance programs on an annual basis or as needed.
• Oversee all work contracted with outside suppliers such as air conditioning repair or elevator maintenance. Ensure that such outside suppliers provide evidence of liability and workers compensation insurance before commencing work.
• As the Life Safety Director, uphold and oversee emergency, safety, health and sanitation policies and procedures at the property, including all safety measures and procedures related to COVID-19. Responsible for training Hotels Safety, Emergency and Security procedures to Managers and Associates.
• Lead or assist with MSDS compliance and other guest and associate safety programs.
• Completes projects as determined by the General Manager and the Regional team.
• Promote good employee communication through department meetings, employee feedback, oral and written communication, and proper training.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as Chief Engineer/Lead Engineer at a similar size hotel.
• Experience working in a team environment, able to communicate with Guests, and City & Vendors.
• Prefer hotel maintenance background
• Technical knowledge: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, boilers, swimming pool certified and refrigeration.
• Clean DMV record in order to assist with shuttle service as needed.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Marriott Jobs