Cargill Assistant Director, Derivatives & Commodities Compliance (Open to Remote) in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 157 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
Assistant Director, for Derivatives & Commodities Compliance (DCC): The successful candidate(s) will assist DCC Leadership Team and global Business Support Network in assessing, managing and mitigate commodities regulatory risks for assigned Cargill businesses with an emphasis on North American based businesses. The Assistant Director will play a crucial role in ensuring that the assigned businesses operate in full compliance with all applicable regulations and industry standards. This position requires exceptional attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with various stakeholders. These responsibilities will require knowledge of current exchange trading and delivery rules, primarily with U.S. regulators/exchanges. The position will also involve working with internal DCC teams to execute various risk management/mitigating programs. Knowledge of the physical delivery process and financial trading is a plus. Willing to train the right candidate.
• Collaborate with senior management for the businesses on complex issues and regulatory reviews.
• Support Regulatory inquiries: Conduct reviews into potential compliance issues, prepare responses, and recommend appropriate corrective actions.
• Advise on regulatory guidelines relating to futures trading, new business, and regulatory initiatives.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement compliance training programs for assigned businesses, ensuring a thorough understanding of regulatory requirements and best practices.
• Review, act as a subject matter expert and assist in the approval process of Compliance policies.
• Guide and advise business on Product Approval Forms (PAFs)
• Experience in coordinating stakeholders in various functions to obtain consensus.
• Coordinate interactions (calls, interviews) with the businesses and regulators
• Prepare presentations and deliver to senior management.
• Be able to handle a fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 8+ years of work or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of Cargill or related businesses (especially CASC NA, Protein, and Cargill Risk Management)
• Experience working with licensed entities (Swap Dealers, Commodity Trading Advisors, Commodity Pool Operators)
• Knowledge of commodities delivery process
• Experience working with self-regulatory organizations.
• Experience in regulatory compliance and derivatives
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs