Lockheed Martin Member Engineering Staff - Systems Engineer in Moorestown Township, New Jersey
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
Interested candidate needs to be motivated in identifying system reliability strengths and weakness within Lockheed Martin and customer’s assets, including but not limited to computers, networks, programs and data. The interested candidate is also interested in applying data analytics, artificial intelligence, and other technologies in predicting when system failures might occur.
Position’s responsibilities includes analysis, design, integration and test for ORTS Computer Program related requirements within the Aegis Weapon System. Work may span COTS-based programs as well as non-COTS based programs, so flexibility to work across different computing environments is required. Tasking will include development of mission critical software requirements to receive and display status and test information. The individual will be responsible for development of requirements using SysML diagrams and constructs. Responsibilities will also include interfacing with the customer to perform test and evaluation activities; interfacing with internal software to isolate and fix issues as they arise for various functional areas; and supporting the various testing groups (EI&T, MEIT, and ORTS computer program developers).
Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance is REQUIRED.
- BSEE, BS Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Ability to perform data analysis and code inspection in order to troubleshoot element and system level issues.
- Candidate should be capable of working in a fast paced environment, supporting multiple projects.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance is REQUIRED.
- Familiar with system engineering processes with particular emphasis on top-down design starting from high level system requirements through the allocation of system components to computer programs.
- Familiar with software engineering design practices and/or patterns.
- Familiar with data analytics, artificial intelligence, and/or prognostics.
- Familiar with Algorithm definition and development.
- Experience in the design of software applications and systems models using SysML, or UML, diagrams and constructs within a SysML tool suite (Rhapsody experience preferred).
- Knowledgeable in Unix/Linux.
- Experience in Agile/team work environment. (SCRUM/KANBAN/etc.)
- Knowledge of Unix and Windows operating environments with proficiency in Java, C, C++ and next generation computer coding languages, object oriented programming, XML, SQL, NoSQL and other database structures.
- Familiarity databases such as MySQL, Oracle and/or Firebird, or NoSQL variants.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill is required.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs