Lockheed Martin Project Specialist Staff in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Description: Software Engineering Project Manager, with focused responsibility for a specific CSL program. This role will require leadership and oversight responsibility across internal and LM subcontracted software teams, assisting PMO/TD with management of the software development efforts. The candidate should be able to work across functional boundaries, and utilize the diversity in responsible stakeholders to collaboratively plan, status, and track software development efforts – and communicate those results. Responsibilities of this position also include providing support to develop and maintain build schedules, activate participation in program planning and tacking meetings, manage computer program media delivery, oversight of releasability reviews across the program, and coordinating and managing software deliveries to external customers (including deliveries to ship(s)).
Responsibilities for this position extend beyond management and oversight of software deliveries (internal and externally at customer sites):
- The Software EPM also provides Software Subcontractor performance management, provides support to sourcing to develop and maintain Statements of Work (SOW), monitors subcontractor Earned Value Management (EVM), and directs sub-contractor deliveries in accordance with contract requirements. EPM duties include CAM (EV/IMS) of various WBS control accounts and interface to LM SW and Subcontractor CAMs.
- Assist PMO with general support and Milestone preparations (Technical Interchange Meetings, In-depths, IPR, SWIR; etc.) by preparing & presenting (SW development metrics & status and subcontractor progress)
- Assist with proposal/ROM efforts; performing technical evaluation on subcontractor software estimation
- Responsible for overall Engineering processes and roll-out of new / revised processes to the team
- Also facilitates Program Level processes and execution, escalates impediments, manages risk, and helps drive continuous improvements
- Program point of interface with the customer
Engineering or Computer science degree in engineering/technical discipline; demonstrated project leadership skills, ability to work independently and lead team; EVM Certified.; Experience using Starsys, Clearquest, and JIRA.
- B. S. in Engineering or Computer science; Master’s degree in an engineering discipline preferred
- Demonstrated project leadership skills, ability to work independently and lead team; EVM Certified
- Experience as an Agile team Lead (Product Owner, RTE, etc.)
- Experience using Starsys, Clearquest, and JIRA
- Candidate must be well versed with system and software engineering processes throughout the Systems Engineering Lifecycle Development process, including top-down design starting from high level system requirements through allocation to system elements and finally to software components
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs