Lockheed Martin QA Engineer in NAS Pax River, Maryland
Description: This is a Program Quality Engineer (QE) position supporting USG Military CH-53K Program located in Pax River, MD.
In this role, the QE will:
- Participate in program reviews
- Contribute to Integrated Product Team (IPT) initiatives - Support Product Quality investigations
- Participate in deviation/nonconformance discussions at different levels within the organization
- Support efforts in root cause and corrective action activity on both manufactured and supplier parts
- Help prepare reports and presentations for IPT and customer review
- Assist in driving product and process improvements for the CH-53K program in all phases of Flight & Ground testing, and acceptance
- Interact with design engineering, manufacturing engineering, operations, and suppliers
- Assist Program Quality on various program related teams and provide support for program continuous improvement objectives and flight safety part issues
- Provide general program support as required by program management and the Program Quality Manager
Work will be performed at the customer's facility in Pax River, MD.
While working at Pax River, Sikorsky employees must follow operating procedures as established by the customer which include:
Work will be performed at the customer's facility in Patuxent River, MD. While working at Pax River, Sikorsky employees must follow operating procedures as established by the customer which include:
• Must be a US citizen.
• Must currently have and/or be capable of obtaining a security clearance.
• Must currently have or be capable of successfully completing an NCIC criminal background check to access Pax NAS.
• Must currently have or be capable of obtaining full unescorted access Pax NAS.
• Must have a valid photo ID (driver's license + social security card or birth certificate OR US passport).
• Must have valid driver's license/vehicle insurance to drive on base at Pax NAS.
This position is dependent upon the anticipated duration of the CH-53K helicopter flight test program through final operational capability, currently planned no earlier than December 2023*. At the conclusion of the CH-53K flight test program, the employee may be offered the opportunity to relocate to the RMS Sikorsky West Palm Beach facility to support future flight test programs, pending business conditions.
*Based on test plan schedule.
- Engineering or Quality experience developing methods, work instructions and procedures for the inspection of manufactured products
- Ability to interpret Drawings, Specifications, Contracts that will enable development and review of QE Processes, and related Performance Metrics
-Demonstrated understanding of audit techniques
- Demonstrated ability to use causal analysis tools to analyze and resolve technical/process issues varying from basic to very complex
- Experience in disposition of non-conforming products
- Experience in establishing Performance Metrics for identifying process improvements
-Proficient skill level with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Ability to work first or second shift
Advanced degree preferred
- Possess ability to understand and communicate typical
engineering/manufacturing concepts and processes - Have knowledge and experience of inspection
-understand of six sigma
processes and methods, as well as the ability to read and
interpret engineering drawings and other engineering technical data required
- Must have interpersonal skills and the ability to interact
with military program customers
- Must be organized and detail oriented, have ability to multi-task in a matrix reporting structure
- Be an effective communicator, demonstrate leadership
characteristics, and be solutions oriented
- The ability to analyze data for trends with the ability to identify effective root cause and corrective action using Enterprise Excellence tools as required.
MS Office Experience is preferred
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs