BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee CHOICES Care Coordinator (Davidson County) in Nashville, Tennessee
PLEASE NOTE: This position is Remote with some geographic restrictions. To be hired for this position, you MUST live in one of the following states:
Alabama (AL), Arkansas (AR), Florida (FL), Georgia (GA), Mississippi (MS), Missouri (MO), North Carolina (NC), South Carolina (SC), Tennessee (TN), Virginia (VA).
Performs intake and enrollment assessments, person-centered planning, and ongoing maintenance and monitoring of overall service provision and each members well-being.
BlueCross, as a federal contractor, may be required to implement a COVID-19 vaccine mandate .
- Partnering with members and families to identify needed supports and direct services to meet personal goals for good health, employment and independent or community living.
- Collaborates with a team of clinical and social support colleagues to meet the physical, behavioral health and long term service needs of each member.
- Conduct thorough and objective face-to-face visits with and assess each members situation to determine current status and needs, including physical, behavioral, functional, psycho-social, financial, and employment and independent living expectations.
- Utilizing criteria for authorizing appropriate home and community based services and confirm those services are being provided and that members needs are being met.
- Valid Driver's License.
- TB Skin Test (applies to coordinators that work in the field).
- Position requires 24 months in role before eligible to post for other internal positions.
- Various immunizations and/or associated medical tests may be required for this position.
- 3 years - Clinical experience required
- PC Skills required (Basic Microsoft Office and E-Mail)
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Registered nurse with an active license in the state of Tennessee or hold a license in the state of their residence if the state is participating in the Nurse Licensure Compact Act; or Masters in Social Work with an active unrestricted license (LCSW, LMSW, or LAPSW).
Job Specific Requirements:
Preference will be given to candidates with previous Case Management, Home Health or Long Term Care experience.
Number of Openings Available:
VSHP Volunteer State Health Plan, Inc
Applying for this job indicates your acknowledgement and understanding of the following statements:
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Further information regarding BCBST's EEO Policies/Notices may be found by reviewing the following page:
BCBST's EEO Policies/Notices (https://www.bcbst.com/docs/equal-employment-opportunity.pdf)
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
All applicants will be advised that BlueCross, as a federal contractor, may be required to implement a COVID-19 vaccine mandate
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotineand/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Jobs