Cardinal Health Nuclear Pharmacy Technician in Nashville, Tennessee
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company, providing customized solutions for hospitals, health systems, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices worldwide.
The company provides clinically-proven medical products and pharmaceuticals and cost-effective solutions that enhance supply chain efficiency from hospital to home. Cardinal Health connects patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with more than 40,000 employees in nearly 60 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 15 on the Fortune 500.
What does Nuclear Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health?
Nuclear Pharmacy is responsible for providing radiopharmaceuticals and other drugs to medical care providers under highly regulated State and Federal guidelines may also consult with or advise physicians and nuclear medicine technologists on the safe and efficacious use of radioactive drugs for diagnosis and therapy.
Click here to watch a short video about what a Nuclear Pharmacy Technician does at Cardinal Health
- 40 hours per week. Typical schedule is Monday through Friday from 2:00a to 10:00a. Candidate must be flexible to work different days, hours and schedules based on business needs
Accountabilities in this role
Under the immediate direction of a qualified licensed Staff Pharmacist, your duties include:
- Prepares prescriptions by typing labels and obtain Staff Pharmacist approval
- Compounds medications according to applicable state laws and obtain Pharmacist endorsement.
- Draws doses into either a syringe or vial
- Performs quality assurance tests on instruments and radiopharmaceuticals in accordance with Federal, State, Company and manufacturer's guidelines
- Receives, documents, and stores incoming and outgoing pharmaceuticals according to the Department of Transportation and Company guidelines
- Maintains computer inventory and records to ensure proper utilization of materials and accounting for all radioactive materials and Rx drugs
- Assists and/or performs in the labeling of blood cell products
- Elutes generator
- Receives standard diagnostic prescription orders from Cardinal Health customers, with the exception of those orders prohibited by regulation or Cardinal Health policy
- Performs radiation safety tasks including well checks & efficiencies, air monitoring, fume hood flow checks, room wipes & surveys, waste management, vehicle surveys, and meter checks
- May provide radiation safety training to facility staff members
- Performs general laboratory and facility clean up
- May perform clerical and administrative services including maintenance of daily records, preparation of receipts, report preparation, and maintenance of billing records
- Makes deliveries to accounts with company vehicles as needed
- Speaks with customers andaddress questionsand/or concerns viatelephone
- Works under close supervision. All work is reviewed for accuracy. Any deviations from the norm are approved by the supervisor before proceeding
- May oversee the work and training of other non-pharmacists in the non-dispensing tasks of handling radioactivity
- May assist Radiation Safety Officer as permitted by state and federal regulation
- High school degree or equivalent required
- State Pharmacy Technician license or national pharmacy technician registration/license required
- Previous experience working as a Pharmacy Technician
- Successfully completed Cardinal Health’s nuclear pharmacy technician training program or has been a previous nuclear pharmacy technician
- Past IV experience is a plus
- Valid driver's license and good drivingrecord required.
- Minimum of 21 years of age due to driving of company owned vehicle
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong customer service skills required
- Flexibility to work various shifts is preferred
- Comfortable performing repetitive motions/tasks is required
- Comfortable working in a nuclear environment is required
- Ability to work weekends or be in a weekend rotation required.
- Ability to work holidays or be in a holiday rotation required
- Ability to work on call or be in an on call rotation required
- Ability to work overtime with little or no advance notice required
- Demonstrated ability to use technology such as computers, smart phones and tablets
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information/methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriatelicenses/training/certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with moderate degree of supervision. Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs