HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Laboratory Assistant in New Orleans, Louisiana
Do you have the career opportunities as aLaboratory Assistantyou want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinTulane Medical Center,a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our uniquebenefitswe offer include:
o Student Loan Repayment
o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
o Paid Personal Leave
o 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
o Identity Theft Protection discounts
o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
o Adoption Assistance
o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Tulane Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Lab Assistant to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Under the direction of the Medical Laboratory Manager, Sr. Medical Technologist, or Medical Technologist, theLaboratory Assistantposition properly identifies patients, performs phlebotomy and sends blood samples to laboratory technical areas for analysis. The lab assistant registers patient samples in the laboratory computer system, processes samples following proper laboratory techniques, and generates computer generated patient reports for charting and distribution. This position may perform special tests such as bleeding times and glucose tolerance tests and maintains records of tests performed and blood samples taken.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration:LA state license or phlebotomy training certificate preferred
- *Education: *High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience: Graduation from an approved phlebotomy training program or 6 months work experience as a phlebotomist
- Special qualifications:Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Demonstrated skill as a phlebotomist and ability to perform data entry
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Monday-Friday(4:00am-12:30pm & 4:00am-11:30am) w/rotating weekends & holidays With 235 beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital* *by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Laboratory Assistant
Location: Louisiana-New Orleans-Tulane Medical Center
Requisition ID: 02560-18630