Lockheed Martin Sr Non-Destructive Test (NDT) Technician Specialist in New Orleans, Louisiana
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our outstanding men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our creative skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with perfection and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities, and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you!
We're currently in search for a Senior Specialist NDT Technician for the ORION manned space flight program at the Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans, LA.
In this role, you will:
• Read and interpret technical procedures and work instructions, as well as hands on evaluations for acceptance/rejection of products and engineering support.
• Investigate instances of nonconforming material and facilitate the determination of root cause, corrective/preventative actions, recommendation of disposition for Material Review Board action.
• Work independently, but also with remote teams of NDT personnel.
• Support program-required inspections on off-shifts and with short notice to ensure program hardware is available to support program needs and schedules.
• Occasionally travel to other LM locations, LM suppliers, and customer sites (e.g., NASA and DoD locations) to support program and customer requirements.
Typically employees in this level position will have 5+ years related experience
Benefits of Employment
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
• High School diploma with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or proven ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks
• Previous experience in at least 2 of the following methods: Ultrasonic (UT), Infrared Thermography (IRT) or Radiography (RT)
• Familiar with Microsoft Office products and NDT inspection systems
• Individual must be capable of acquiring Level 2 certifications per NAS410 in the Ultrasonic (UT) and Infrared Thermography (IRT) within 18 months
• US Citizenship required and ability to acquire Public Trust clearance
• Prefer 5-10 years of aerospace composites NDT experience
• Current or previous NAS410 level 2 certification in the following methods: Phased Array Ultrasonics (PAUT) and Flash Infrared Thermography (IRT)
• Experience working with external and internal customers, to include Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
• Failure analysis of aerospace hardware
• 2-year college NDT degree
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs