Bank of America Counterparty Credit Risk Lead for Commodities- New York, Charlotte, or Houston in New York, New York
Counterparty Credit Risk Lead for Commodities- New York, Charlotte, or Houston
New York, New York;Charlotte, North Carolina; Houston, Texas
The role sits within the Global Markets Credit group within the Enterprise Credit organization.
• The position will develop GMC's capacity for the underwriting and ongoing monitoring of Structured Derivatives and Lending exposures booked within the Global Commodities line of business.
• Activities will include evaluating new transaction opportunities, screening transactions with the Risk organization and other stakeholders, negotiating key transaction and documentation terms, underwriting and monitoring. Utilizing delegated joinder approval authorities along with Risk.
• Product coverage includes e.g. Lien Based Hedging, Spark Spread swaps, Natural Gas hedging, Carbon Credit financing. Underlying client sectors include natural gas fired power plants, wind farms, solar farms, power storage facilities, renewable refineries, etc.
• Day to day team leadership for junior resources aligned to the activity.
• Creation and maintanence of underwriting related policies and procedures for this business activity.
• Representing GMC in internal governance forums, audits and regulatory meetings.
• Coordinating periodic and/or adhoc reporting, product limits and related underwriting governance.
BA/BS degree preferred in Finance, Accounting, Engineering
• 7+ years of experience covering structured product underwriting in a similar role.
• Strong knowledge of the related Gas, Metals&Mining, Midstream&Downstream and Power Industries and related products.
• Ability to establish partnerships across the organization (Structuring, Trading, Sales, Risk and support partners) and build effective work groups.
• Understanding of relevant documentation including ISDA/CSA, loan agreements etc.
• Strong organizational, oral, and written communication skills
• Proficiency with Bloomberg, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Willingness/desire to improve and/or streamline processes
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster, CLICK HERE (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
To view the "EEO is the Law" Supplement, CLICK HERE (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
Bank of America aims to create a workplace free from the dangers and resulting consequences of illegal and illicit drug use and alcohol abuse. Our Drug-Free Workplace and Alcohol Policy (“Policy”) establishes requirements to prevent the presence or use of illegal or illicit drugs or unauthorized alcohol on Bank of America premises and to provide a safe work environment.
To view Bank of America’s Drug-free workplace and alcohol policy, CLICK HERE .
Bank of America
- Bank of America Jobs