Marriott Vacations Worldwide Kitchen Attendant/Cook in New York, New York
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Welcomes and assists guests, takes orders, records in POS system, collects payment and prepares food and beverage items. Completes assigned opening and closing duties for venue including setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and areas, locking doors, etc. Cleans and maintains work areas. Ensures equipment (e.g., coffee makers, espresso machine, toasters, ovens, etc.) are turned on/off at the appropriate times. Cleans dishes, utensils, work areas, tables and equipment throughout the shift. Counts bank at end of shift, completes designated cashier reports, resolves any discrepancies, deposits receipts, and secures bank.
Reports accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and completes safety training and certifications. Follows all company policies and procedures, ensures uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintains confidentiality of proprietary information, and protects company assets. Welcomes and acknowledges all guests according to company standards, anticipates and address guests' service needs. Communicates with others using clear and professional language, prepares and reviews written documents accurately and completely, and answers telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others, supports team to reach common goals, and listens and responds appropriately to the concerns of others. Complies with quality assurance expectations and standards. Stands, sits, or walks for extended periods or for an entire work shift. Moves, lifts, carries, pushes, pulls, and places objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Performs other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Safety and Security
- Reports work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follows company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Follows policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Uses proper equipment, wears appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and utilizes correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Completes appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Policies and Procedures
- Follows company and department policies and procedures.
- Protects company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Protects the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Ensures uniform, nametag, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Performs other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Welcomes and acknowledges every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Addresses guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Thanks guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Provides assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Listens and responds positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Anticipates guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Engages guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Assists other associates to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Speaks to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talks with and listens to other associates to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Supports all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handles sensitive issues with associates and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Partners with and assists others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Complies with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Enters and locates work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stands, sits, or walks for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
- Moves, lifts, carries, pushes, pulls, and places objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
General Food and Beverage Services
- Maintains cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Follows property key policies, including checking out and returning keys to appropriate departments.
- Ensures coffee makers, espresso machines, toasters, and other equipment are turned on/off at the appropriate times.
- Notifies management of maintenance repairs issues.
- Sets up, stocks, and maintains work areas.
- Inputs orders into POS system and collects payment from guests.
- Takes orders and prepares food and beverages items.
- Buses and wipes down areas and tables.
- Prepares menu items, following recipes.
- Follows appropriate procedures for serving alcohol (e.g., TIPs (Training for Intervention Procedures), CARE (Control Alcohol Risks Effectively)).
- Completes opening duties including setting up necessary supplies and tools, including bank, and ensures work area is clean and everything is in working order.
- Completes closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist.
- Retrieves assigned bank and ensures accuracy of contracted monies, obtains change required for expected business level, and keeps bank secure at all times.
- Transports bank to/from assigned workstation, following security procedures.
- Processes all payment methods in accordance with accounting procedures and policies.
- Follows property control audit standards and cash handling procedures (e.g., blind drops).
- Counts bank at end of shift, completes designated cashier reports, resolves any discrepancies, deposits receipts, and secures bank.
- Records transaction in POS system at time of order.
- Sets up and organizes cashier workstation with designated supplies, forms, and resource materials and maintains cleanliness of workstation at all times.
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
Related Work Experience
- No related work experience is required
- No supervisory experience is required
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Marriott Vacations Worldwide
- Marriott Vacations Worldwide Jobs