Macy's Macy's Herald Square, New York, NY: Women's Shoes Business Supervisor in New York, New York
As a Macy's Women's Shoe Business Supervisor you will be responsible for driving a best in class selling and service culture that supports our My Macy's initiatives, our Omni Channel Strategies and MAGIC. You will lead a team of Sales Consultants who feel empowered to take care of the customer, whichever channel she chooses to shop with Macy's. Women's Shoe Business Supervisors are responsible for leading, supporting and inspiring their Sales Consultants to drive sales and provide an outstanding customer experience. The Women's Shoe Business Supervisor, along with their Women's Shoe Business Manager, where applicable, will have topline responsibility for talent development, event execution, merchandising, operational process, delivering results and other duties as needed.
Essential Functions: *
• Consistently recruit, interview and hire top talent. • Embrace the Magic of Hiring by treating all candidates as customers and brand promoters. • Cultivate a qualified sales team that can support My Macy's, Omni and MAGIC Selling. • Partner with HRM to develop a bench for future growth. • Ensure all Associate training is conducted on a timely basis, ensure assigned mentors engage with new hires timely. • Coach Consultants on product knowledge by holding in-store product training with Vendor Representatives, in partnership with District Merchant. • Identify a Sales Lead who will be a 'go to' leader on the floor as an expert in product knowledge and the latest trends. • Ensure back of house processes are accomplished in a smooth and timely manner. Collaborate with Merchandise Team Lead to ensure all receipts, markdowns, RFID display audits and sale sets are accomplished before the store opens. • Consistently offer rapid recognition to Consultants while observing selling floor; hold team accountable through consistent follow up. • Review the Associate Selling Action Metrics (ASAM) Report to support regular observation and coaching to identify progress made on behaviors. • Ensure Consultants are aware of the selling area new merchandise, top sellers and key selling opportunities for the week. • Focus on succession planning for top performers and touch base regularly to engage the Consultants in their growth opportunity and career plan. • Monitor performance of all Consultants and take action quickly when selling and service behavioral expectations are not maintained. • Address Consultants concerns in a reasonable and fair manner, consistent with the values expected by the Company. • Lead team to support giving back to the local community helping create stronger, healthier places to live and work. • Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Drive and exceed sales goals by developing a highly engaged and knowledgeable sales team. • Consistently provide feedback and recognition to support MAGIC Selling; coaching direct reports to maximize sales opportunity. • Collaborate with store and district teams on business updates and merchant strategies inclusive of black box report action planning, understanding new merchandise, key items, best sellers and merchandise needs. • Lead weekly business update meetings with VPSM to share vision and progress for Women's Shoe business. • Focus on regular priced business opportunities by ensuring Sales Consultants are aware of new merchandise and educated on product features and benefits. • Drive a selling and clienteling culture in Women's Shoes at Macy's. Ensure each associate provides a best in class experience to every customer. • Communicate marketing vehicles and sale event Information to Consultants timely • Direct Support team on planning and execution of floor moves, merchandise placement, RFID audits, markdowns, sale event set-up and regular price selling process, where applicable. • Reinforce the benefits of opening credit accounts to drive incremental sales and customer loyalty through associate education. • Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented. • Manage commission associates by setting daily, weekly and monthly goals • Leverage My Client, return conversion and focus on regular price merchandise as a way to drive sales and develop a highly engaged selling culture.
• Maximize selling effectiveness through consistent recognition and feedback to enrich the customer experience. • Regularly schedule quality feedback time with each Sales Consultant to discuss customer interactions through observation supporting MAGIC Selling. • Establish a development strategy with each Consultant based on formal and informal observations to improve selling behaviors that increase individual and team results. • Role Model MAGIC Selling behaviors that drive Regular Price selling, Trading Up, Multiple Pair Sales, Return Conversion, Product Knowledge, Search and Send, My Client, BOPS, Loyalty/Plenti, and Fulfillment.
- Qualifications: *
• Bachelor's degree preferred. • A minimum of 1·3years in a leadership/supervisory position in department store retail, or a related service industry.
Communication Skills: *
• Ability to read, write and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Mathematical Skills: *
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Reasoning Ability: *
• Ability to work as part of a team, or independently with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands: *
• This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing for at least two consecutive hours. • Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. • May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling , crouching, and climbing ladders. • Vision abilities include close vision , color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Other Skills: *
• Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills. • Strong interpersonal skills, ability to empower and develop team, collaborate and function as a member of a team • Ability to execute plans and strategies. • Strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities • Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively and persist in the face of obstacles. • Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards.
Work Hours: *
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Job: Store Management
Req ID: 710119962