MasterCard Lead DevOPs Engineer in New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead DevOPs Engineer
Mastercard is looking for Lead Linux DevOps Engineer to design, build tools and support large scale Linux systems. You’ll play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of services relied upon across Mastercard. You'll partner with engineering teams to ensure they're successful.
• Act as the subject matter expert to lead fellow team members in build, automate and support mission critical large fleet of Linux servers (CentOS) and Virtual Machines running on KVM hypervisor.
• Lead the technical roadmap of Splunk and other log analytics/monitoring solutions.
• Participate in on-call support as needed.
• Create technical system documentation.
• Create Ansible playbooks to automate operational and server provisioning workflows
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of DevSecOps standard tools, administration best practices, and agile methodology best practices
• Operate within the ITIL model including Incident Management, Change Management and Problem Management
• Lead and improve the DevOps function and CI/CD processes
• Analyze systems logs and continually strive to improve availability and stability
• Certification in RHEL systems administration, engineering or architecture.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Hands on experience with RHEL/CENTOS.
• Demonstrated examples of leadership, initiative, and creativity
• Experience of production deployment, CI/CD orchestration and automation using Ansible and Jenkins.
• Hands on experience with Splunk log management
• Experience working within virtualized environments
o kvm / qemu, libvirt, VirtualBox, etc
• Comfortable reading / compiling / debugging / customizing the Linux Kernel
• Familiar with enhanced Linux security hardening techniques: SELinux,cgroups, namespaces, seccomp etc
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-130147