Cargill Maintenance Technician II - Various Shifts in North Kingstown, Rhode Island
Cargill’s Protein business includes Case Ready meat packaging facilities. These facilities provide various packaged meat products to retail supermarket shelves to further our purpose of nourishing the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. We operate some of the most technologically advanced plants in the world, but they can’t run by themselves – we depend on creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you!
Bring your skills to our team and we can provide you with the tools, opportunities, and a culture that values and supports employee growth! To learn more about life at Cargill, visit our career page at https://careers.cargill.com/life-at-cargill/ !
Shift : Various Shifts, Full-Time
Compensation : Starting wages from $26.29 - $32.12/hr DOE
A Typical Workday May Include:
• Completing preventative, predictive, and reactive industrial maintenance throughout the facility while working in a fast-paced environment around raw meat
• Operating standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools, electric tools, preventative maintenance technology tools, etc.
• Documenting completed work and the conditions found; utilizing maintenance computer software as necessary
• Utilizing and working with maintenance trades and components such as industrial electrical/automation, industrial millwrighting, and industrial plumbing, along with completing various building/grounds work
• Utilizing, repairing and testing various equipment, including automated packaging equipment and conveyor systems
• Operating forklifts and/or scissor lifts
• Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations
• Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
• Exposure to wet and/or humid conditions in a warm or cool environment, as well as slippery surfaces at varied heights
• Standing for long periods of time, the use of stairs and ladders, and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated areas of the facility
• Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need for a Level II Maintenance Technician:
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without Visa sponsorship
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
• Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50 lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
• Must be able to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc.
• Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
• Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays with advance notice
• Basic use of a computer
• Basic working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs)
• Basic industrial fabrication experience
What Will Put You Ahead for a Level II Maintenance Technician:
• Prior supervisory and/or project leadership experience
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. This position does not provide relocation assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs