CVS Health Contract Operations Manager in Northbrook, Illinois
Fortune 5 CVS Health has a dynamic opportunity for a Manager of Contract Operations! The Manager ensures that the contracts negotiated by the CVS Trade Relations team with pharmaceutical manufacturers are completed and executed in accordance with the Contract Review and Approval Process SOP and all current regulatory requirements.
The Manager will directly supervise a team of Contract Consultants and is responsible for the overall accuracy of executed contracts and the timeliness of the contracting process. All contracts must accurately reflect the company’s current business strategies and must have approval from all respective business units. In addition, this role will own various processes and documents within the department.
• Review pharmaceutical manufacturer agreements prior to signature to ensure documents accurately reflect negotiated terms and conditions
• Maintain and monitor pharmaceutical manufacturer agreements
• Act as primary business liaison with a variety of internal departments (i.e., Trade, Underwriting, Contract Administration, Legal) to ensure that all the terms and conditions of proposed contracts can be met from a legal, compliance and implementation perspective.
• Track Key Performance Indicators and provide status and requested support to management team
• Work with other managers and areas to align processes
• Develop and lead the implementation of strategies for completing contract provisions and language
• Be knowledgeable in all areas of the contract with an emphasis on understanding the legal and business intent of the contracting provisions
• Collaborate with Trade negotiators and underwriters during contract negotiations with pharmaceutical manufacturers
• Organize and lead conference calls with manufacturer account representatives and/or legal counsel to finalize contracts
• Be able to perform the Contract Consultant role and serve as a backup
• Proactively act on assigned projects with a sense of urgency and solution focus
• Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
• Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment while ensuring quality and accuracy
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Open and adaptable to new and innovative strategies and processes
• Demonstrated ability to organize multiple projects from start to finish
• Minimum 5+ years contracting experience
• Contract interpretation and review; knowledge of contract terminology
• Leadership experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word
• Paralegal experience a plus
• Experience in healthcare and/or PBM
• Bachelor’s degree
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
- CVS Health Jobs