MasterCard Senior Specialist Data-Product Management in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Specialist Data-Product Management
Mastercard’s Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (C&I) team develops and delivers world-class risk, security products and services to Mastercard customers across the globe. Within C&I, the Connected Intelligence Insights team is responsible for:
• Providing security and fraud analytics and insights to Mastercard customers and internal partners globally
• Owning and managing security data to support and provide security insights to internal and external customers
• Supporting the development and management of new and existing products and services
As a Senior Specialist, Data-Product Management, you will be responsible to:
• Leverage and adhere to Mastercard’s Studio framework to manage products and deliver new data products and enhancements
• Assist with data pulls and development of data products such as reports/dashboards, API, marketplace etc. to support development of fraud reduction and security solutions
• Drive analysis and investigation of Mastercard and acquisitions data to understand fraud patterns and come up with product development proposals to prevent, detect, reduce, or recover operational losses
• Drive data analytics; create, evaluate, manage, and communicate product success criteria and financial performance
• Support the development of product prototypes and thinking through new product development ideas and solutions
• Contribute to the development of product strategies, roadmaps, documentation, and go-to-market requirements
• Articulate, prioritize, and manage business and customer requirements
• Manage and oversee multiple initiatives concurrently
All about You:
• Relevant knowledge and experience with product management principals, product innovation and development.
• 2-3 years of experience in the payment card industry and/or fraud/risk experience preferred
• Intermediate knowledge of SQL for querying various data platforms (e.g. Oracle, Hadoop Hive/Impala/Spark, etc.)
• Knowledge of statistical analyses tools (e.g., Python, R, SAS)
• Experience working with big-data database platforms to manipulate and extract information for analysis (e.g., Hadoop, Netezza, Oracle).
• Intermediate knowledge of Business Intelligence and visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlikview, Powerpivot, power BI)
• Self-motivated, problem solver who is results driven and has a proven track record of delivering success while operating within a team environment.
• Knowledge of data analytics with the ability to interpret and translate data into meaningful insights.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to comfortable engage and interact with all levels of management.
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn with the ability to challenge the status quo.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, advanced education desired.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-159821