Cardinal Health Manager, Logistics in Ohio
What Logistics contributes to Cardinal Health
Logistics is responsible for the movement of materials and products between suppliers, manufacturing, warehousing and the customer. Management of transportation assets and systems to gain greater service, cost efficiency and optimization of processes.
The Regional Logistics Manager leads a logistics team that is responsible for day-to-day management and oversight of transportation operations including truck utilization, financial performance, service level execution, on-time departure, on-time arrival performance, and route configuration and management for the Central Logistics Region encompassing 20 forward distribution centers. The Regional Logistics Manager will work across partner teams at the site leader and VPO level to ensure logistics services are executed meeting customer requirements and site-specific needs.
- Manages and drives on-time delivery to customer locations
- Ensures consistency and reliability of the delivery network
- Manages financial component of the delivery network
- Coaches and development team
- Oversee fleet operations with our third-party contractor
- Develops plans and strategies to optimize routes, building efficiencies while maintaining cost components
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years' experienceinlogistics
- 3+ years'supervisory/managementexperience
- Final Mile experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to travel up to 20%
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs